Successful Workshop

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by Rob Lovett, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

2. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

Pics!!

Looks like a great event Rob...
    Why don't you post some of the pics in the MAP gallery for all to see :)

And please MAP-post more often so that you can 'officially' advertise your next seminar in the Event Section!

Cheers...
    Louie

3. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

Oh yes :) I should try and post more often, and I will :).

Now then, where is that gallery, can someone direct so I can thank them in another post :)

Regards
    Rob

4. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

How do I post in the Gallery, it is not immediately obvious to me.

Thanks
    Rob

5. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter

Photos Uploading!

Go to the photos section, above the pictures click on the 'upload photos'
    browse through your C Drive and select the photos you want to send then click upload/submit :)

Louie

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

I think that you may need 50 posts to be able to do that. :(

7. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

Ah, I see, I have not got 50 posts.... I must find more to say about stuff. Thankyou for your help.

Rob

8. kenpfrenger

kenpfrenger sportin' a Broughton

The event looks like it went well Rob....good job! Always good to see a good turnout even ifit is across the ocean:)

9. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

Why, thankyou Ken......... you could have come you know, Adam Valez did ;)

Regards
    Rob

10. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

Swordfish WMA-workshop in Malmoe

I'd like to nofify my fellow WMA'ers that two sweedish historical fightingschools in Gothenburg and Malmoe have held an extended-week-WMA-workshop; swordfish in Malmoe.

In general the workshops were much more physical than I was prepared for, and my body is completely acing from full contact wresteling, push-ups, sit-ups etc. I don't have acess to any pics from the event yet, but I will follow up linking to pics when/if I get access to any :cool:

I attended several courses:
    Guy Windsor - Fiore dei Liberi and body mechanics -very nice lecture on how to structurize the training + some nice observations on Fiore techniques. :)

Maister Ott's wrestling with Tomek Maziarz and Piotr Szubert -incredibly nice chaps that was very good at instructing and who gave us several good tips on warm-up and wresteling-exersises. :)

Matt Easton -Fiore dei Liberi Longsword -showed some interresting interpretations of Fiore Longsword that have given me new perspectives. :)

Lars Enoksen -Gima wresteling -gave a very nice introduction to the Islandic wrestelingsystem called "Glima", with some elements that might originate from 900 AD

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006