Subtle wind Kung fu Founder USA, Hello

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by subtlewind, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

No answers to my questions forthcoming? Martial arts is like dancing. Takes two to tango.

2. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

As much as I agree with everyone here I have to make one comment in opposition.

It does, to some degree depend on your art and why you study.

Jhoon Rhee promoted a woman who only did video lessons to black belt in tae kwon do and she came to the US and won in a tournament (albeit in forms). Not what most of us would see as proper martial arts but there are arts that have little if any practical use in a fight (for most participants) and the students seem to benefit (for whatever reason they practice).

Now I think that my example isn't the same as this person as Jhoon Rhee is a famous TKD pioneer in the US and has extensive and documented training.

Just think, although I wouldn't do it and don't approve of the method, if the person doing this sort of thing was honest and didn't actually say that what they learnt was for fighting then maybe it wouldn't be a complete scam.

OP, are you actually telling people they can learn to fight or what? Makes a big difference.

LFD

3. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

I would like to make dvds per each belt. if some one decides they would like to be ranked based on the honor system I will rank them. they will; receive a belt and rank.
    i wont sell anything but I will accept set donations. if it was up to me i would teach for free. but i have to eat so yes a donation is equated to money.

thank you for your input frod I mean fraud,,,,

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

What part of "this is a terrible idea" did you miss above?

5. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

The only way I can answer all theese questions is to add my entire
    FAQ.
    now keep in mind this is old and need to be updated .
    Subtle Wind Kung Fu

The begining

My name is Walton Clint Hopkins I,m the founder of subtle wind kung fu 2005. I first got interested in martial arts at the early age of a four years old. I was watching Tv and for the first time watched Kung Fu Theatre that came on on sundays. I was watching Shaolin mantis I was completely
    absorbed into this strange thing called kung fu. I immedtately knew that i wanted to be a kung fu master and do it for the rest of my life. I was also very influnced by the great postive morals of theese shows. The good guy was always the best fighter. he always knew more than the villian. He ws also a gentlemen to the ladies and always got the woman. this had a profound effect on how my young eyes looked at life at that single moment in time I was completely happy. Now at the age of 36 I look back and it,s kinda humorus that I actually got something postive from television. which is very rare nowadays.So after I started watching as many martial art shows as I could I started to become famailar with the different styles of kung fu and the various karate stlyes and many other systems from around the world. I was never really attracted to Karate it just seemed to uninteresting. as the years passed I started reading kung fu magazines, Karate magazines and reading martial art books I could find. I knew in a short time I would be looking for a good school not just good the best because this was not just a hobby for me it was my life then my career. I was now about 14 . I live in south east Texas at the time there were only tae kwon do and karate schools this frustrated me I loved all schools I loved looking at schools talking to the students asking questions But I was a kung fu guy by heart . I finally compromised and went to an eclectic Karate school called Cha yon ryu , it had many other styles mixed even judo. I went there about a month during the month I was always watching what the higher advanced belts were training and I did not like what I was learning or would of learned in the future. so I quit the school I was determined to find a school I liked and I would in the future try out different schools to find the best one. some time passed I was in 9th grade One of the guys I met was a Karate comtetior who supposedly won some higher up tournaments. he was the firs black belt I have ever met. In time decided to try out the school he went to yet another Karate school called American freestyle Karate . The school was very hot we did about thirty minutes of stretching I learned a bunch of kicks I eventually went to my first tournament i was 15 a yellow belt at the tournament they placed me in the adult class .I got first place this is the only thing I have won in my entire life.Back to the school the school was ok it was something to do but once again not what i wanted to lear or devote my life to. One day I was sparring against a brown belt I guess i was winning the teacher stops the fight then tells me that I,m trying to beat a brown belt.then he wants me to spar him hes a 5th degree black belt so i spar him and he blocks my kicks by using a lepoard style downward strikes hiting my shins i felt no pain i think he was trying to prove some unknown point. I was very confused .I wasnt really sure what the lesson was i was supose to learn ? I guess i am suppose to fake a loss if i,m sparring any belt higher than yellow. so I quit the school I,m not wasteing time and money on a school i dont even like then to add to it a dysfunctional teacher. so my journey continues on the path to finding a school i liked. right afer this I noticed a Kung fu school opened up and I gave it a try it was Jook lum southrn praying mantis kung fu. at first I was completely shocked with happiness I was thinking this is it finally. so I go to class and walk in a odd stance for an hour and a half. then the next class the same thing. the next class the same thing. after about three weeks I started to feel ripped off considerig this school charges twice as much money than the last school and I didnt learn not even one punch I could see where this was leading to quick .Although I did end up quiting I know now that if I did put up with it after years it probably would of turned out to be a good school. So now i was back to searching once again. a few months later i met a person whos uncle was going to a jeet kune do school. so i ahad to try it I did and i liked it alot it still wasnt exactly what i wanted but i was learning alot of stuff quick. then a month later the build that mt teacher was renting closed down. i lost connection with my teacher. i was kinda sad. tome passes my other friend who was a boxer went to a boxing gym this gym was very cheap it was like eighty dollars a year . with a weight lifting gym included. it was a fun experience but i had no passion for it. at this point i been to
    5 schools and i wasnt even 16. when turned 16 i started looking in other towns for school after a while i found a school that taught northern praying antis wha lum kung fu. it taught chineese kenpo up until black belt. so I jumped in started training very hard i was taking regular classes and private classes. i was going up in belts fast i got up to purple out of every school i attened this was the best school. This school was the closes to what i wanted in kung fu, it was close but still wasnt there. Then a curve ball hit my life i was geting into a serious first relationship
    my school and training started to become to big a distraction from my social life that i had now for the first i wanted to have fun i was close to geting out of highschool. So I quit and just took a break as far as attending school I still thought about researched and practiced off and on on in my own some time passed around 26 I wanted to get back in school i was looking at various instructor programs some were in europe some were in califorina i was struggling to get the money but always seemed to come up short then once again i had to settle for something I did not want 100% i went back to jook lum Southern praying Mantis this it was a long drive to get there. and sure enough i wasnt learning anything just like before but this time i learned one block. so I quit, at this point in my life was not a good time I felt my kung fu dream hit rock bottom I was very stressed i spent so long since the mid eighties looking for the right school. then i had the ultimate idea of my life that only comes once in a life time. I realized That i had what it takes to create The kung fu system I was looking for 20 years. i realized i had what it takes i was very familar with most of the systems how they work what the strengths and weakness are . So in 2005 The Birth of Subtle Wind Kung Fu emerged. This was a complete life changing choice I knew if i did it i would have to make alot of life sacarfices that most people can,t and won,t live with out. most people sadly are much to weak minded to do it. but i can Founders are born not created every hundred years or so and i now know for better or worse i am a natural founder and for oncein my life everything made sense to me. the reason i was never happy with schools or the way i felt when i was four when i first seen kung fu. It took me twenty years to realize my journey has just begun.I knew what i was doing would take years and had to be as perfect as I could make it based on Goals of my martial arts expectations. to start with I became cebilante no girl friends and no friends equal alot less distractions no job just training and . my family was my only social outlet aside from the people at stores i would ocassionally go to I lived a very isolated life . Now after eight years in the year of 2013 my kung fu sytem is ready to be taught to the martial art world up to instructor level and in time up to 5th degree black belt master level one and up to6th degree or higher .As a martial art system becomes more astedicly beautiful it usually decreases in it's effectiveness this is not an absolute fact but is true with most systems sometimes the ugliest system is most dangerous the reason being the ugliness is a symptom of techniques based on natural body movements in various postures and situations.

What is Subtle Wind kung fu

Subtle Wind Kung fu was founded in 2005 in Southeast Texas . If you try to catogorize this sytem based on the system structure of Northern chinese kung fu styles and southern kung fu styles it would probably be much closer related to a southern kung fu style with hints and subtle flavors of Northern . Subtle wind is a centerline based system with new USA original made ideas without sacrficing time honored fighting knowledge. Subtle wind is a mix of medium to short power system or you could say medium range power to some times inch power range system composed of explosive viloent simetanious attack and block strikes.the inch power range is taught at more advanced levels and requires longer time to master. The phoenix eye fist is the most common strike in my system although it is one of many used such as,double phoenix eye,lepoard,snake like finger strikes,lion paw, palm strikes,tiger strikes just to name a few. In Subtle wind you do not kick above the waist
    kicks are a secondary tool to be used as a back up attack or defense. there are five base foundation kicks. subtle wind uses one predominant stance for walking and retreating from an oppoent. There is also several walking stance variations to deal with different situations.all strikes are aimed at pressure points which result in varying outcomes from the strike depending on how powerful your strike was,how accurate your strike was and how you struck the pressure point.There are short to medium forms in the system forms are very important for not only training but to sucessfully transmit the style to another person.There are sets used for training. There are also drills used to practice to learn how to adapt to a situation and how you could react. there is an arm training excercise that may appear like sticky hands from wing chun. but is completely different and unique to subtle wind as far as I know.there are a handful of pure selfdefense movements such as how to get out of a choke or head lock etc.there are other advanced movements and training that i will not list here. once a person achieves black belt he or she will begin to learn
    them. Subtle wind kung fu has been created original complete a single unique Style and one of the first 100% USA made Kung fu system
    that is entirely original . this sytem has been strongly influenced by other styles such as,wing chun,bak mei,chow gar,jook lum,tiger style,snake style,northern praying mantis,yun mun kun,yang style ta chi. i dont use any pre made forms or sets from any style out side Subtle wind kung fu.

Why Should I learn Subtle Wind kung fu

One reason a person should learn Subtle wind is everyone would like to be known for something in life.This is a completely rare chance for the first group of People who achieve instructor level will be a part of living History and possibly be in future martial arts history books or even magazines. This aside You will be the first instructors sharing subtle wind with the world. anyone can be a karate black belt there nothing special there is probably over 100 thousand in the world maybe more. You will be the only one in your state or city to teach subtle wind which makes for job security if you teach indepently. you could make thirty to hundred dollars an hour teaching subtle wind kung fu. This system has alot of potential for growth in future generations. Another reason a person should learn subtle wind kung fu is you have a rare oppertunity to learn from the Founder the true source of system knowledge. and learn exactly what is what and so no confusion arises. Almost all people learn a style from a person who is just an instructor in a long line of people the reason this is not good is because over time systems become watered down information lost and your left with dogma and confusion so no one really knows who knows what. The best thing you can do is learn from the source learn from the founder. If you go to a Tournament and win you wll be the first person in the entire world to achieve this goal. that alone should be a good reason to learn.i,m leaving it up to my students to achieve these goals. Another reason to learn Subtle wind is you can become an instructor for under a thousand dollars. Other instructor programs charge $ 2,000 to $4,000 on average. You can become an instructor in the privacy of your home. this is also good if you have children and have to stay home . You can save hundreds on gas money.anyone can learn through online subtle wind videos theres really no difference between being in a normal class setting or learning online because you still learn what you do, how you do it and why you do it . If you have any questions just email me. this is a 100% real school with real authentic Subtle wind kung fu reconized rank certificates all signed by me the founder. a real signature not a fake. I only teach people online who have the drive to learn this way and train hard will in the long run gain much more than a person who has to have his teacher tell him what to do all the time. you will become independent and have stronger will power.and a certain humbleness that I never expected. when you train solo you can structure your training times to fit with any schedule. I will also be teaching traing tips ideas and advice. Down to eating smart and healthy when to rest , how long etc.I am a very detailed thorough Teacher.that teaches the hows and whys of everything I teach.

What is it like to Train in Subtle Wind kung fu

Training in subtle wind kung fu is hard.all kung fu is hard but obtainable the word kung fu means hard work First you will learn basic fighting stances, strikes, then move into the compact forms my forms are very original unique and compact one form per belt will be taught each covering a different aspect of training.then you must learn the body stance and how to move forward this is similar to a tall horse stance. this stance is also used in some southern kung fu styles. Its called a chop step it can take six months to two years to master this. Once mastered you can apply any subtle wind techinque and use it propery with proper power and balance. While you are mastering the chop step you will be learning the forms ,srikes blocks etc. depending on your rank. this is only a very very brief system outline.

Can I Really learn How to be an instructor online

We live in a world where we are taught it is impossible to effectively learn by video /online but it is simply false and alot of times just a ploy to bring in more student at a much higher cost to the student over instructional videos.Also just about every instructor on the planet only knows how to teach based on how they learned and they are convinced you cant learn with out a teacher in front of you but with video a teacher is in front of you tv wasn,t around five hundred years ago so most past generations have zero experience learning in this fashion. Teaching on you tube gives me the chance to make videos to answer new questions. to add to the online lessons. You can become an instructor as long as you set your mind to it and never give up no matter what it,s that simple. if you hit a stumbling block relax watch a movie take a break, take a day or two off and keep trying until you meet your goal and you will as long as you struggle to move forward.as long as you learn and practice I will gladly rank you to instructor level as long as you are an official student member

Why Are You Teaching Subtle wind kung fu To The Public

At first i was only going to teach subtle wind to one or maybe two people just enough to pass this style forward.Then I started thinking about past kung fu masters who would not teach anyone and when they died they took the system to there grave there are alot of systems forgoten forever because of theese selfish people. then I started to think of the people now adays in the year 2012 who still wont teach Bak mei for example openly to white people or anyone non asian theese people are racist even 50 years after Bruce lee atempted to destroy that tradition. what really made me decide to teach openly and for free to the general public is the recent colorado movie theatre shootings by a phycho mass murder. Since in this time in USA history we have this strange unexpected threat it only seems natuaral to put forth an unexpected defense. Everyone has a right to know how to defend thereselves properly and doing so will take the edge off of people lving in fear.I can teach who ever I want whoever i want because it,s my system I don,t have to abide by some teachers rules . I will teach to who ever wants to learn as long as your not a crazy criminal nut who wants to hurt inocent people.

What is a Subtle wind kung fu Association Student member

A Subtle wind Kung fu Association student member is a person who is practiceing subtle wind kung fu belt requirements and is Donating sixty Dollars per Belt to receive a Belt and Rank certificate.

Why do you rank people with out personally seeing them pass a rank test

Students and Instructors of Subtle Wind kung Fu are honest and have Honor are trust worthy and overall stand up people to be respected. If a person has the will to train hard and Donate only when that person knows they passed the rank test deserves reward for there acomplishment.
    people who pay and lie wont get any where in the martial art world so there certificate will be pointless. The world has a way in weeding out fakes
    i am not concerned. people are smart enough to figure out who is the real deal based on skill alone.And maybe the fakes will see there faults and train like they should then they will be stand up students.

How much does It cost and what do I need to Join

You should be 18 or older First thing you need to do is watch the intro video and all the lessons for yellow belt, practice hard when you are comfortable with your progress and feel you deserve a yellow belt. email me to get my address and send a sixty dollar money order or cash to the address then I will send you a belt and official rank certificate signed by me.the black belt test from first degree to 5th degree is a donation of one hundred and twenty dollars. it is a larger donation only because the Back belt certificates are all custom and cost much more money. If I can find a better deal I will lower the donation price I will keep you informed if I can drop the price. most schools make you wear a uniform or school shirt as of right now i dont have a school uniform or shirt. In the future i will have them for sale it is your choice if you want to buy one.

Why should I become member if you teach for free

I teach for free up to green belt. I teach people enough material so anyone can sucessfully defend there self and end the fight as quick as possible. I teach enough material for people to train and prove upon for the rest of there life. for people who want to become a legit Black belt and learn the more advanced and most powerful movements ,foot work,steel wire,to enchance and max out inch power,super fast free flowing strikes and much more. At this level of understanding the subtle wind full picture can be viewed and understood. For the information taught from 2nd degree black belt to 5th degree will be taught in the format of learning how to do the requirements then the member must countinue to train even after you have received the current rank to gradually master the new material.for example for second degree black belt you will learn a technique or form and even know you may be able to do it and receive the next rank you must continue to train because theese advance teachings require more time to master yet you may still meet master level in a much sooner time instead of me insisting on students to spend " X " amount of years to move up in rank.

Is your system a Modified Wing Chun System ?

upon inspection of a few of the most basic movements may appear as wing chun because wing chun movements are basic and effective in nature and theese basic movements over lap and can be found in many styles but subtle wind is not wing chun. My system is not a modified anything its simply a usa made kung fu system inlfluenced by southern kung fu. what makes it different is the founder is alive and well with answers to the who what and whys? that alot of other systems instructors cant answer or just make stuff up because they cant ask the founder A person must view more of the system and if possible the whole sytem before coming to a conclusion.the main reason for this premature opinion is because out of all the very cool southern systems wing chun has been the most viewed and is not my favorite southern system My system is a medium to short power centerline system on a basic view point but not on a advanced overall view, wing chun can also be catorgized in this fashion and so can many other southern kung fu systems.

6. Hannibal

So you have no real grades or experience but thought "what the hell, ill just make stuff up and sell it"

Well it worked for Ashida Kim I suppose...

7. Hannibal

Probably because he hasn't thought of it yet....give him time

8. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

???? i can only be honest

9. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

???? idea ??? i am what i am your asking the question????hmmmm,,,,

hmmmm,,,

10. Hannibal

Yeah some words might be useful here

11. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

yeah i,m not trying to rip people off ,,,,strange huh

12. Hannibal

You are promising what you cannot deliver - yes you are ripping people off, just not for money

13. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

you do unerstand people create style right

you do understand people create systems. they dont just fall out of the sky

ayou don know there was an inventor who created every thing you know
    correct?

lol,,,

14. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

i am one of those i create you follow ,,understand monkey see monkey do

15. Hannibal

I also know the difference between poop and shinola - you are certainly selling one of them

16. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

ok,,, smart one ? I have no real grades??? whats grades
    you mean the little scratch marks on paper made with lead or ink?

or do you mean cloth strains of plant fiber called a belt that holds your pants up?

fiber and marks i dont have

I have real world striving ,,no cash involved and a brain above 100 iq?

if you want to talk to me and give me the same respect as any human its cool if not i will school you

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  17. Hannibal

No I mean skill from a legitimate source and a length of time sufficient to make them visceral

Don't try and hide behind the "belts hold your pants up" crap - the full phrase is "belts cover 2" of your ass..skill covers the rest"

From your timeline you clearly hold neither

18. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

If you are honest you earned your belt if your a liar scam artist you will never amount to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in the long run, i hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  19. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

Ther fact is I have been to over 7 schools and none live up to my expectations

so i created subtle wind to do it 7 yrs ago

who the Stan Lee are you to ask me this

its fact i,m not a liar like your mommy

20. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

First off i would not allow you to be my student. and i dont remeber me asking you about your empty opinion? so why are you talking?,,,,

second i was told when i came to this forum to say whu i am

and what i study?

if i wanted to scam people i would pay a grand and put some stupid article in a mag
    with me breaking some studid monkey shaped onesies and i would have 1000s of students

i almost asking for nothing,,
    to be the first in the entire world to be in every ma history book
    as the first black belts in subtle wind?
    my students will be living history

you other people who practice other martial arts will just be one of 100,000 of other teachers and be nothing
    there are thousands of karate teachers, 1000s of kung fu teachers ,, but only one subtle wind teacher
    do you understand yet/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.