Subtle wind Kung fu Founder USA, Hello

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by subtlewind, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I think it's Mitch's influence... :D

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You might be cheap but Mitch is free!

3. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Call now and get the makini edition, complete with sparkles and frills!

4. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Come on guys give it a rest, why do you all have to harp on all the time whenever we get a n00b on here?

You should all be more welcoming.

I've heard of this subtle wind style before, it's a system known for being slient but deadly..........

:yeleyes:

5. Dean Winchester

Oh if Frodocious is cheap and Mitch is free then who is easy?

6. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

I made a FAQ a while back , I need to revise it , heres some info

We live in a world where we are taught it is impossible to effectively learn by video /online but it is simply false and alot of times just a ploy to bring in more students at a much higher cost to the student over instructional videos.Also just about every instructor on the planet only knows how to teach based on how they learned and they are convinced you cant learn with out a teacher in front of you but with video a teacher is in front of you tv wasn,t around five hundred years ago so most past generations have zero experience learning in this fashion. Teaching on DVD OR Online Video gives me the chance to make videos to answer new questions. to add to the DVD or online lessons. You can become an instructor /instructor level as long as you set your mind to it and never give up no matter what it,s that simple. if you hit a stumbling block relax watch a movie take a break, take a day or two off and keep trying until you meet your goal and you will as long as you struggle to move forward.as long as you learn and practice I will gladly rank you to instructor level as long as you are an official student member

7. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

So how do you learn timing, distancing and all the skill sets that involve making contact? You've said yours is a close range system if I recall correctly, how can you learn close range fighting without a training partner?

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Some one call? :D

9. subtlewind

subtlewind Banned Banned

what I would like to do is sell a dvd per every rank. If a person decides he or she would like to receive an official rank and Belt. and they feel acomplished in what they have practiced. I will except a Donation and rank that person. I would be doing this based on the honor system. . Advanced teachings will only be taught to advanced belts.

by doing this The student saves a ton of money school cost, gas money, some people can,t take a kung fu class because they have family obligations , This will make school acessible to many people who cant otherwise attend a school.

10. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

It will also make any "rank" you "award" totally meaningless.

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

So you're selling snake oil?

Let's not beat around the bush and read this thread with rose coloured spectacles, you are a scam artist, not a martial artist.

You cannot obtain martial skils by distance learning, no matter what you may think.

12. Dean Winchester

The student may save loads of money but what are they actually getting? Not a lot from the sounds of it.

If you are that bothered about it being accessible then teach properly and just charge enough to cover your overheads and make nothing from it.

I may have missed it but what is your actual experience in martial arts?

Now I'm not on about "I've been training for so many years yadda yadda" I'm interested in what styles you have studied, for how long, to what level and who your teachers were or are.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  13. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i'm accepting donations too! for my martial wisdom. map used to get it for free, but now...

secrets for bjj success:

www.giovanni.com/classes, input credit card, initial fee of $49.99, $24.99 monthly to perpetuity. cancellation prohibited.

14. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

drank some beer last night and had some cheeseburgers. subtle wind indeed.

15. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

This is a terrible idea, and if you do this you will end up a laughing stock in the martial arts world and will find yourself reviled on every martial arts forum and by every serious martial artist.

I would strongly suggest that you take your drive to achieve something in the martial arts and work out a way to do something better with it. Stay with a normal system and learn in a normal manner until licensed to teach, then teach in a normal way to a number of students with whom you can interact face to face, correcting mistakes as you spot them.

Please don't go ahead with your current idea, the martial arts world has far too many such "systems" already, the last thing we need is more.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  16. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Nevermind the new system: selling ranks and DVDs without actual training is ludicrous. You'll make a complete laughingstock of yourself, and the only people who will be nice to you will be the other posers like who sell their system and any grade you want on the internet too.

Tears cannot begin the describe the stupidity of the idea.

17. Dean Winchester

I'm having doubts as to how genuine this all is.

Is it me or has MAP had an influx of these types of threads?

18. Count Duckula

To be fair, feng lung left again so I don't think he counts as 'influx' because he has already 'outfluxed' again.

19. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

To be fair, all we know for certain about feng lung was that he assumed a dodgy PhD title and was teaching kung fu to a handful of people in his yard. He didn't stoop so low as this.

20. Count Duckula

He was still young. Give hime some time and with his metaphysical skills he'll start long distance teaching. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.