Strikeforce CBS April 17

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Pitfighter, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Mousasi vs. Lawal
    Meledendez vs. Aoki
    Hendo vs. Shields

Don't know much about Mousasi or Lawal besides their records. No comment.

Melendez vs. Aoki

I dig Aoki's Jitz a helluva lot. I like his tap or snap attitude. Goina pull for Aoki. I've seen him fight a lotta good lightweights and I don't see how Melendez could beat him. Usually Aoki loses when he's overpowered. Although everyone on the net says he's kinda soft aside from his Jutjitsu I really haven't seen him get crushed by someone who wasn't weight above him.

Hendo vs. Shields

I think there's a lot at stake. If Hendo wins it'll be a big FU to the UFC. Aside from that he'll have more pull to setup great fights with pretty much any MMA star outside the UFC including Fedor. (Remember Hendo's fought at HW to like when he fought Big Nog in Pride)

Shields is goina have his stock rise exponentially if he wins and he'll be able to leverage any promotion to do whatever he wants after this, if he wins.

Hendo's way to tough for Shields though. I don't see Shields having the takedowns to put Hendo on his back. Hendo packs way to much punch power. The only thing Shields can hope for is for Hendo to make a mistake like he did with Anderson Silva. I believe Shields is more adept than Silva at JJ so if Hendo gets all reckless and slips onto the floor Shields could slip on a hold.

60% for Hendo for me.