Street Fighter theoretical question for fun.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Steel Accord, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Steel Accord

Steel Accord Valued Member

So with the trailers for the next installment of one of the best fighting games of all time coming out, I've had Street Fighter on the brain. Since we are all, or at least mostly, martial artists here, we know that weapons feature heavily in many styles, some more than others.

While there have been some characters in the franchise that either make use of or are sometimes depicted packing, Vega most notably with his claw but also Eagle (escrima sticks), Fei Long (nunchaku), Viper (taser gloves/jet shoes), Rolento (quarterstaff and grenades), and more; but for the most part the characters eschew weapons.

Now I like this creative decision as the fighting styles are just as distinct and stylized, whether the character is armed or empty handed. Or I can ignore someone going into combat against Vega is NOT going to look like a slasher movie victim because of the comic book-esque nature of the franchise.

Just for fun though, what are some weapons you think your favorite Street Fighter characters would use if they decided to go into a fight with some teeth? Be it based in their actual style or just something you think the character would choose to use.

To start:

T. Hawk: Tomohawks. (Hey "Tomohawk" T. Hawk? Wonder if that was intentional. Yes I know his name is "Thunder" but still.)

Dhalsim: Urumi and shield

Makoto: Katana (not trying to stereotype just that A ) Street Fighter has always used national identity to inform character and B ) she's old school and the heir to an old school.)

Zangief: Hammer and axe combo. (Again, not stereotyping, but Zangief IS a patriot after all.)