Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by rabid_wombat, Nov 4, 2014.

1. rabid_wombat

rabid_wombat Valued Member

Watched this last night, thought it was amazing. Probably helps that I'm a fan of the games though. Anyone else watch it? What did you think of it?

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Think there's a thread on it already. I thought it was awesome.

They got the Demon Stance perfectly. I watched a edited version where its all one film rather than a series of 10min bits.

3. rabid_wombat

rabid_wombat Valued Member

Ah, my apologies, I didn't consider that their might be a topic already. A friend lent me a bluray copy, I managed to miss that it was an episodic thing as well.

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Is cool.

During a comicon the actors said there will be more SF :)

5. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Watching it on youtube. Looks good!

6. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Gouki styling on the pullup bar, while obviously impressive physically, looked completely out of whack, IMO, given the tone of the series. Also, they handled Tatsumaki Sempuukyaku pretty well so what the hell were they thinking with the Shoryuuken? It just looked plain goofy.

Sigh.

With that out of the way, I really enjoyed AF. I don't know how true it is to the lore of the games, but the idea to make Goutetsu a WWII vet struck me as a brilliant touch and handled pretty deftly - without being shoved down the viewer's throat it brought nice gravity to his argument with Gouki and - for me at least - gave the whole series a "real world" kind of feel.

There'll be more? Cool, I'm kinda wondering who I'd like to see there but my favorite character was always Ken so they already have it covered. :p