Street Boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by GoldenTiger, Jan 2, 2006.

1. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Valued Member

Just recently I sat down and took the time to think about how boxing can be adapted even better to suit the street. It already can be used in the street but I had a few ideas to better it for the street. So I decided to combine the joint locks and grappling techniques of krav maga and the punches from boxing and came up with a new concept. Well I think its new anyway I was just asking has this type of thing been done before already.

2. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Of course its been done before. The concept of cross training has been around since forever.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

What is your background with boxing?

Have you got a fight record?

Who did you train with at what gym?

And yes... boxing combined with other martial arts has been around in concept and practice for centuries.

4. GoldenTiger

But my idea is still a concept it has not been tested. And I am not one to go out in the streets looking for a fight just so I can test this idea.

5. slipthejab

It would probably be better for the integrity of your facial bone structure if you learned how to box prior to attempting to test your theory out.

The differential between theory and reality often has painful consequences. :D

6. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

Try and hit the heavy bag without gloves or wraps. May help you i guess.

7. slipthejab

AAAhmed - shut up. :bang:

Stop posting rubbish.
    Going at the heavy bag without gloves or wraps is poor advice on your part.
    The advantages gained from training like that compared to the risk of injury and long term damage is not in your favor.

Please post when you actually can provide some valid info. :bang:

8. Yama Tombo

Yama Tombo Valued Member

Like Naughty and slip said it's already been around, theres not much you can do that hasn't already been done.

Now, if you can recreate something from street fighter or mortal kombat (doing shadow kicks, sonic booms, fatalities, or shooting fireballs from your hands) then you might have something everyone wants. :rolleyes:

9. NaughtyKnight

Your idea isnt original. Its been used by many people, many times for many years.

10. hux

hux ya, whatever.

Nobody I know thinks this is a good idea for long term training.

11. watto86

watto86 Nah brah I'm not gone

The sad thing about that is. I remember once I came across a website that had some kids on there that were convinced that they could manipulate their ki/chi/bodies energy and use it in real defence situations. Basically a bunch of 14 year olds who'd seen too many Dragon Ball Z episodes.

12. GoldenTiger

hey I know that site these kids were actually talking about shooting kamehamehas from their hands. Who would have the nerve to try that on the street thats how you get people killed. You would actually have someone on the streets go out and try to defend themselves using stupid things like that. You could serioulsy get someone hurt. I wonder about people these days. Too much TV not enough trainning.

13. DEATHskull

DEATHskull TKD Bearfighter

It's commonly referred to as "Dirty Boxing."

14. watto86

watto86 Nah brah I'm not gone

Maybe their would-be attackers would just laugh at them so much that they subsequently run out of breath and give the kids a chance to escape?

15. GoldenTiger

ha ha ha that would be funny to bad it would never happen. Or maybe they would leave them alone becuase they might think their victim is retarded so they would walk away and feel sorry for them

16. slipthejab

Golden Tiger -

Does you mom know that you post on MAP?

17. NaughtyKnight

HAHA.

God I love slip :D.

18. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

heck if there are idiots out there who think they can throw chi fireballs then they might strike lucky and get mugged by another idiot and convince them that they can to.
    oh god if ever that situation happens i want to be there with a video camera :D

19. galenmode

galenmode New Member

The only one I know who can throw fireballs is my homie Ryu, lol. I think mixing martial arts with boxing is a great concept. Bruce Lee used to use a lot of footwork and stuff from boxing. I recently started cross training with my friend who is a boxer, it's really helped my speed and punching power as well as my footwork. Also now I am more used to being hit and can take a punch much better.

20. NaughtyKnight

Boxing is a marital art. It is probably the oldest martial art. Just because its not from Asia, doesnt mean its not a martial art. Hell its more "martial" than most oriental styles. Every military in the world does Boxing. How many do Wing Chung or Tae Kwon Do?