Strange things going on...

Discussion in 'Karate' started by prowla, Aug 1, 2006.

1. prowla

prowla Valued Member

In the past week, some strange things have been going on...
    I've seen two BB mates squaring up ready to take it out into the car park.
    I've felt really good in class and been practically unable to walk the next day (and the day after).
    I've seen a guy who I thought was a no hoper really step up to the mark (go for it Connor! - attempting BB this week).
    I've seen somebody hit somebody at work; office environment - never seen that before, and I saw it clearly!
    Is it the heatwave, global warming, or what?

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Remind me to stay well clear of you if I'm ever down your neck of the woods. :D

3. AuntiePink

AuntiePink Naughty Member

Is there a new shop in your town called 'Needful Things'? ;)

4. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Well - the MAP Meet was in Bracknell! :)
    Whassatsupposed2mean?

5. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

has anyone been door to door recently, trying to sell mind control equipment?

6. armanox

armanox Kick this Ginger...

Any Mind Flayers around? But really, if the weather in up there is anything like it's been in Baltimore (as a black belt in my class describes it, the heat index went from hot to really hot to Okinawa), then I would blame the heat. Tell them to calm down, go work out, and if that doesn't work, invite them for a game of DnD ;)

7. McClanahan

McClanahan New Member

In my area the heat is what keeps everyone inside and just trying to cool off. When the weather gets nice in the evenings, everyone comes out, and that's when the problems start :) By the way, how hot is it getting in the UK? Where I am at I believe it has reached 110.

McClanahan

8. heim

heim Valued Member

i haven't gone out for the past like 1-2 weeks, such a hermit :p but been trainin in the meantime. Till then i'd rather boil in my room, and then get the occassional ac room downstairs to chill :D

9. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

i've been feeling really good, no pains or anything, the next thing I know I wake up with a pain in my ribs.
    Goea away, I take things easy in class, then I do a right side breakfall and my whole upper body paralyses for about 10 seconds!
    I've been staying inside becuase of the heat, becoming an internet whore (hang on, what's strange about that???)
    There's been so many people trying to start fights at work too, Paul if you find out what may be causing it, let me know!

10. AuntiePink

AuntiePink Naughty Member

We've been up to 32/33 degress here in Essex but the last few days have seen the usual cloud and showers :(

Needful things is a Stephen King book, btw :D

11. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I'm on the course this week Prowla, what does Conner look like and how old is he?

12. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

ooh, kp. Are you taking your BB then?

13. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

You got it Rhea, and I'm scared.

14. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Good luck!
    Connor is 17 or so(?) about 6ft, brown hair.

15. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I know who you mean now, he ad the same line up as me today *sob* my face hurts.

16. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I guess it's basics tomorrow, then?
    You can do it!

17. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Wooo! I'm knackered though, the basics is going to be the killer.

18. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I think so too - but you know you can do them!!!

19. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Hahaha! I did it! I've finished the grading alive!

20. prowla

prowla Valued Member

You can be proud of yourself - it is no mean feat!