Strange phenomena....

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Taiji_Lou, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

then go lay bricks.

2. embra

embra Valued Member

Does thread concern anything tangible about Tai Chi or MA at all?

3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I dunno about Tai Chi but you got the Tai Cheese down pat. Well there is always a good test. Walk into your nearest BJJ, MMA, Muay Thai place and tell them you want to test your Chi powers on them. If you can beat them then I'll listen. Until then expect us ALL to laugh.

The Bear.

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

no. One person who wants to believe in fantasy land nonsense and then gets huffy when people tell him it's not real. :p

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

What about a full grown one?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ONbm-JfP_8"]YouTube- kyokushin willie w bear[/ame]

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

WTF!??! Is that Willie Williams!?!?
    That looks like something out of Fighting Black Kings... but I don't remember that being in it!!!

edit: ok after a quick bit 'o research. It was indeed Willie Williams who was bad dujour in Karate in the '70s.
    However as could be guessed by anyone who ever grew up in bear country... the bear has no claws or teeth.
    Not so impressive in that case. A tame bear being hit on. Grr... hate stunts like that.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  7. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Yeah it's Willie, but I don't think it was in Fighting Black Kings. I'll have to dig around my collection but it's in another documentary.

8. Satsui_No_Hadou

Satsui_No_Hadou Ultra Valued Member

I'm glad you have had such an AMAZING experience with your Chi cultivation, I would feel the same way about anyone who had a religious/spiritual experience.

And how did you expect your arms over your heart test to actually work? It's not like a doctor can do that to test for heart disease.

9. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

I held my arms over my head and practiced breathing excersizes, concerned that somehow blood was causing the "filling and tingling" sensations.

10. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Wellllll..... I probably wouldn't want to use magic chi powers, that's for sure. I'd probably get hurt.

I don't know if I'd beat ALL of them... that probably wouldn't happen. But I'm not an inept martial artist, man.

You seem threatened by spirituality, Mr. Bear.

11. Satsui_No_Hadou

So you actually do believe in the existence of such powers? You would get hurt but only because they would have no effect on your opponent. Seriously there have been numerous scientific investigations and the famous challenge match which have completely disproven chi powers and no touch knockouts.

If you train well and in effective methods then you may stand a good chance, do you spar often?

12. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

No, I don't spar at all, anymore. I'm not even in a school. I'm trying to get my LMT license.

but, you know.... I can fight! I've got a brother who was Army, we bash it up every now and again. I don't try to Kamakazee chi blast him, though. The chi stuff is to improve my mirror wisdom and strengthen my body and lengthen my life.

13. Satsui_No_Hadou

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a LMT license?

Well I suppose thinking of Chi cultivation as a health exercise is more logical than thinking about it in a martial context. As far as I am aware there are not any experiments which disprove that Chi cultivation has no health benefits whatsoever. Even if Chi did not exist the relaxation and other mental effects are beneficial.

14. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Licenced massage therapist... I'm less than a month from graduation......!!!!

What's your style?

15. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

What does getting your LMT have to do with anything?

16. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

very, very broke these days! rent... food... car insurance...

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

We all suffer from that, does not stop us going to class.

18. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

I still practice my forms! I still lift weights!

What martial art do YOU practice?

19. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Teach Eskrima and Kung Fu

20. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

what is Eskrima? what kind of kung fu?