Strange phenomena....

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Taiji_Lou, Apr 14, 2010.

1. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

i used to , then realised all of its benefits were from exersize, which is awsome but i prefer something a little more active. I am on this thread because I dont beleive in chi , in the same way that you do, and i have the right to give my two cents in the same way you do.

2. robin101

but yea, close the thread, its just causing taiji upset, and i dont feel like upsetting anyone ATM

3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Why close it now? We're 22 pages in! Let's keep this gravy train rolling all the way to 100! :turtle:

4. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

now here's a window of opportunity!

Yes, it makes social interactions extremely difficult. there's like a barrier between you and other people, like this big gap where they may as well be a thousand miles away.

through meditation I've helped myself a great deal. people who know me can tell the difference. I can tell the difference.

5. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Yes. If somone gets so upset from words on a forum, I wonderh ow much control and spirit of martial arts they really have.

That said, I grow weary of trying to discuss this with him.

:) This would be like watching Barney 100 times

6. robin101

all I can say is that non of his proofs are convincing, but when we say this fact. He becomes upset. So lets close down the thread. IF he wants to talk about this kind of thing in the way that he wants to let him go to an energy work/ reiki forum. I too tire of talking about something i dont beleive exists.

7. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

let's get this party started [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZivl5iKCo"]Barney[/ame]

8. 47MartialMan

LOL :rolleyes::cool::hat::evil:

9. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Hey, thanks for making feel like a loser!

10. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Lou, it really looks like your trying to convince yourself that your beliefs are true and for that you seek validation here.

If you really knew the truth whatever it may be, you would not be here nor would you have beliefs. Furthermore, you insulting other forum members for expressing their views says a lot, this kind of behaviour is synonimous with a narrow mind, ignorance and a weak will. Definitelly not hallmarks of wisdom and knowledge. You should probably read the Tao Te Ching more, might learn something useful from a book for once

11. 47MartialMan

My intention is not trying to make you feel like anything.

I have been polite and generous to you, esp in your thread "I love Qi Gong".

I keep telling you that whenever you post something in a open forum like this, people are going to state their beliefs and opinions also.

If you so much desire for those to relate to your beliefs and opinions on a particular subject, perhaps you should communicate with only those on a forum or site who completely agrees or share the exact same beliefs or opinions.

When you get frustrated and go on the personal attack, this states that only your beliefs or opnions matter.

12. robin101

What you don't seem to get taiji is that I would LOVE to beleive chi, energy and the supernatural. Hey I spend alot of years of my life looking into it. From chi kung, to parapsychology, from ghost hunting to pseudo-science like the works of john hutchison. I was convinced there had to be something to find. But I found nothing, at all. I spent 8 years searching and found not even a convincing repeatable experiment that proved anything close, and they have been trying these experiments since the 1700s!! they looked for life force or chi scientifically under man names. the "orgone energy" of Wilhelm Reich. The "Animal magnetism" of franz mesmer. The "manna" of hawaian mysticism, the "barraka" of Sufism, The "kundalini" and "prana" of yoga. And of course the "qi", "chi" , "ki" of eastern martial arts. And they found not one repeatable example or experiment.

Science tends to work like this. (pu basically) A guy does an experiment, says "hey I found something" then another guy does the same experiment under tighter controls (more sterile envoroment etc) and says "hey I found it too when I looked and we dont know each other" So then we have some proof that this thing we found exists. With all the chi experiments etc I have read ( ALot) when I followed up it went somewhat like this. Guy says "hey I found something". Then another guy does it and says " I did the same thing and didnt find a thing" They argue a bit. It all fades away. Only to have the same thing happen again.

And as for the recorded infa red on someones hand, of course they did. Look up something called "Bio-luminescence" chemical reactions on your skin give off small but measure light in different spectrums. Happens all the time, everywhere. Its a by product of reactions in your body. Fire flys have this to the extreme so we can actually see their light. Not Chi im afraid, just very weak light that can do.....nothing.

I say all this so you will know where I am comming from. I am not some closed minded nay sayer who won't look at the evidence. Im a guy who used to be like you. looked honestly at the evidence. And found it lacking to the extreme.

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I can't believe these threads are still going. Nobody is going to convince anyone of anything. They might as well be in the religious section. Loopy Lou I can understand (to a point) as he's defending the B/S he believes in but the other guys? Vast pages of text produced trying to convince him he's wrong....all while the maintenance man has been banging' your wives! It's a waste of time. That Lady's not for turning!

14. robin101

you arent wrong moi. I am just getting into this more than I should because I used to think the way he did. I think I will be abondoning this thread...actually this time.

15. Moi

You can convince some of the people .......blah, blah!

There's food to be ate, women to spoil, training to be done. He's happy, you can tell from the photo (maybe a little too happy??) it's his choice. Could be worse, some people still believe in God!!

16. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

On another point.

Moi quoting Maggot Thatcher.....I am shocked!!!!

17. Moi

....but in a negative way :woo:

18. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Oh that's OK then. You were definately disturbing my ki there for a moment.

19. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

God's real, too.

You need to start meditating.

Or not. Whatever.

20. Moi

I know he's real. I've got him tied up in my basement. No wonder the world is going to crap at the moment. I'm not giving him back though. I caught him fair and square