Strange phenomena....

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Taiji_Lou, Apr 14, 2010.

1. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

so .....no studies like that then? ......interesting ;)

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

The same ol subject of Chi regurgiated in the martial arts

3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Challenge your TC!

Oh, man.This is my very first invitation to cross hands from a MAP member.That's really what it would be,isn't it? A challenge isn't about training exercises like ph.

Challenge your TC?

I don't know what you're doing that you call ph,but unless you have spent serious time in serious practice under an instructor who has at least some skills in the method you don't know the structure or mechanics involved-let alone how to actualize the expressions of "energy" TC employs.Plenty of people can learn to catch another's balance and do whatever.Play w/any type of grappler,they can be exquisite,but they're not executing the same way.Same effect,different method.Call what you do ph,but it ain't TC ph.

Which is why your apps may be copies of TC apps,but they'll just look like TC.A sweep and push is a sweep and push-it's what/how mechanics are employed that makes a system.

You don't get it from books or vids.Most of them don't go into any depth.If you don't know what you're supposed to be doing,how can you know to do it?

You can't.And you won't figure it out on your own.The "everything is revealed to you over time by doing the form" is malarky,and there's plenty of living examples.So get out of the class at Cayce's institute and find someone to really learn something from.Then again,it's probably more lucrative to do some exercise/"energy work" TC.Certainly don't have to know much of anything to get some sort of certification.

What hard hours am I discrediting? I don't discredit any time you've taken to work on this stuff. You're not the first person to have practiced from books. I even had a student who had practiced Cheng's form from a book for years.He didn't claim any TC ability in combat however.And unless Yang,Shou-hao came to you in a dream and revealed the teachings which were then verified by his martial descendants,neither should you.No matter how well you can take people out.

I don't discredit your attempts.But you have to build on them,which includes harking to what myself and other experienced practitioners have said about these matters and what you need to do-mainly get some decent instruction.Why do you feel your extremely limited experience in/perception of TC training gives you more knowledge of these things?

Or is it just cooler to learn some form,do whatever else you do,and when you thunk your buddies upside the head say " That's TC" ? How would they know?You don't.

Reiki.Ok,thanks.Sorry if you feel people are condemning what you do for a living-one of my longtime students is an acupuncurist now,supposed to be very good.But I can't ignore the controlled studies.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

How do you know you're pretty good at anything if you haven't had the oppitunity of testing your knowledge against someone that has learned through the recognise route of having someone instruct them?

I think you owe it to yourself to seek out the best instructor in your location that you can.

5. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

You know what? I don't think I like you. You're an old fool who wastes his time online picking fights. Don't address me in conversation anymore, and I'd appreciate it if you would please stay out of my threads. thank you.

6. robin101

Ok people im going to let this drop. i dont wanna persecute the guy. we cannot dispove the spiritual or supernatural. by its definition it is supposed to be beyond science. If it exists ( i dont think it does) im sure he will discover it if he looks hard enough.

7. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Already found it, thanks. Still don't care what you think. Still working on the particulars, but I'm sure I'll be just fine.

8. robin101

im sure you will man. though just bear in mind i used to be a beleiver too. I used to beleive in qi, chakras, meridians, telekinesis. The lot.

9. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

An internal consistency error occurred. Please contact your higher brain functions for assistance

10. robin101

little friendly advice man, dont alienate people. I would have though somone with your kind of meditation fuled inner peace would realize this:p:Angel:

11. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

I've been on this thread for months now, patiently weathering the abuse of people who are sometimes friendly, sometimes just downright mean. I've really tried hard to be polite and respect everyone's opinions, while maintaining my own and not overly asserting myself.

Here's what's up: if you were in my home talking to me like that, I'd show you the door. end of story. if you wouldn't leave, it would be interesting to find out how long it would take for me to make you leave.

Similarly, this is a thread that I started to share any strange experiences anyone may have had. I've had a few experiences that have given me all the proof I'll ever need in this life that the soul, ch'i, telekinesis and saints really do exist. That's the way it is. I'm tired of being insulted by your ignorant, spiteful and vicious remarks. I don't have the training yet, but when my time comes I will get all the training I need. I already know how to FIGHT. A blade in the belly is what all of that MA macho crap will earn you if you were to ever stand up to the wrong criminal. Sorry, that's why I consider MA a hobby. But that's just one very well informed opinion, you don't have to take my word for it!

I'm not interested in anyone elses theories about how to fight well, unless it's included in a taiji class that has a spiritual background.

Your bias regarding the unseen aspects of our being is incorrect, and while nothing I can say will ever convince you of it, I'm afraid your lives will simply be that much less enrichened.

However, I have learned my lesson the hard way. I will not try and approach this subject with any of you any further. Thank you everyone for your concern, but I will remain on the path I am on. I will request this thread to be locked.

12. 47MartialMan

Same here. Some of us come to our common senses and others stay in ignorant bliss. :rolleyes::cool::hat:

13. 47MartialMan

I agree.

14. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Whoa is you. I don't like you, either. You are ALWAYS instigating and forever putting me down.

Try this on for size. I don't respect you, because even though you're a big bad black belt, you spend free time goading ME. Sorry if you "lost the faith". Go visit your guru and ask him for guidance. I certainly can't help you, and you tearing me down every time I express joy or mirth or love of qigong is just a display of the poorest qualities that you possess. you never offer anything positive.

you know what, old man? grow up. play with people your own age. they are on this site, somewhere!

15. 47MartialMan

Whoa to you.

When you stated;
    I had stated I agree.

I had agreed with you that the thread should be locked as it continues to spin out of course

HOWEVER-

YOU try this on for size-"young out-of-control man"

I am not trying to bash you personally.

In fact, if you read some of my posts, I tend to respect your beliefs and opinions. When I agree with someone or disagree with you, I may, at times, posts some pun.

Going around personally insulting people are sure signs that you have ran out of logical replies to support your beliefs or opinions

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  16. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Dude, you bash bash bash bash and then ohhhhh... it wasn't anything personal. I've maintained control this whole time. I'm simply taking an opportunity to lavish the same discourtesy that has been shown to me.

Now I'm just wasting time. I think I'm going to go get some exercise and then read a book.

17. robin101

Close the the thread vote 2

18. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Why are you even in this thread? Do you practice tai chi?

19. robin101

By the way ,,,, did not realise that Taiji lou had Aspergis when i posted. Would have moderated myself a bit more. Not being condescending or anything, but I knew a guy with that, made social interactions difficult.

20. 47MartialMan

Yours would be #3

Mine was the second.

His was the first (I guess he cant keep up logically and decided to take it personal)