Stop Uwe Boll!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Cougar_v203, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

2. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

I've done my bit, i only hope it's enough :woo:

3. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

This is just the proof that people that make decisions in Hollywood have simply no clue what they're doing.

I mean, you don't have to be a big movie buff to know that Uwe Boll sucks terribly, yet they keep making the same mistake again and again...

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I remember seeing in a magazine recently that Boll's offering to fight people who have given him negative reviews on the net, paying for their flights and using the footage in his latest celluloid abominatio...sorry, FILM.
    I'm currently flaming his drivel all over the IMDB and anywhere else that'll listen :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Beat up Uwe Bol? Yeh I'm up for that :D

6. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I Second that. Hopefully Uwe Bol is'nt dumb enough to continue with this.

7. geves

geves Valued Member

the owner of somethingawful is the only person i've heard of that accepted boll's challange. uwe boll is probably going to stomp him. it's a boxing match. so i imagine boll has some experience in boxing.

i'm sure most of you guys know, why he was getting movies still right? the german tax loophole. that's why he was still able to make movies & get big money people. his budgets got bigger, even though as time went on his movies made less & less money. look it up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_boll#Financing

everyone pretty much dislikes this guy. all of his movies will bomb, and he will profit from it. all the movies, including: far cry & postal. were signed to him while right before the tax loop. so he'll still profit from their failure. unfortuantly he'll be around for quite some time. all we can do is hang our heads shame, because all the video game companies who soldout their franchises for $.

:cry:

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I mean, his movies are so bad he is losing money for his COUNTRY! That must be some form of treason.

I know its hard to make films, but with his budget and 'influence' he must be able to at least end up just Producing rather than Directing.

9. warriorofanart

Most Game producers need money to continue making games. So if selling the rights is the only way to continue making games, than who can blame them.

10. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Oh come on now. I say we give Boll the helm for the movie version of 'Tetris'. :D

11. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

I've never seen any of his movies, but....
    According that wikipedia article, he challenged his critics to get in the ring with him for ten rounds of boxing.

I find that awesome.

12. Cannibal Bob

Cannibal Bob Non Timetis Messor

Taken from the Wikipedia article geves linked to;

Well, at least my precious Metal Gear is safe from BealziBoll.

EDIT: BloodRayne SUCKED! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  13. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

Thank god Halo hasn't been corrupted by the tainted dark evil that is Uwe Boll.

14. warriorofanart

My Respect for Hideo Kojima which is already very high, just when up another notch. Way to go.

15. Karate Freak

Karate Freak New Member

Is that why the movie comes with a full version of Blood Rayne free? :D
    Thank god he didnt direct Silent Hill. I would have cried. :cry:

16. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

He limits who's allowed to challenge him to professional critics with at least two extremely negative reviews for his movies made before some arbitary date.

Basically, he checked who criticised him then made sure that the only people who could actually fight him where middle aged jorunalists with no experience of boxing whatsoever. The guy is a moron and deserves to get royally smacked down.

Theres a vid of him beating on one critic on YouTube now.

17. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Now if we can just get John Williams to rewrite the theme tune, we'd have one of the most addictive sound tracks in the world. :D

18. inokichi

inokichi Murse

Unfortunately, Boll beat Lowtax Kyanka (owner of SomethingAwful.com) on saturday. Lowtax did pretty well considering Boll used to be a semi-pro boxer. Apparently the people after him were completely crushed. I think they were filming "Postal" at the time.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...the film of Halo is being released in 2007...

19. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

You know who should be filming Postal?

Robert Rodriguez.

20. geves

geves Valued Member

umm except your wrong about everything in that first paragraph. it was not unfortunate (it was a good thing). and lowtax didn't do well in at all. unless you consider (having the ref step in for a minute of round 1, and then lasting 1 minute.)

please quit advertising horrible websites. we all know that site sucks.