stinky gloves

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by dexxl, Jan 19, 2006.

1. dexxl

dexxl New Member

how u guys clean ur gloves?

i normally train without wearing glove inners and sometimes without handwraps and my gloves STINK!

i'm trying putting small carbon bags i get from aquarium shops in it, dunno how it's gonna work...

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

make sure you air your gloves out on a regular basis, i know a guy who throws all his stuff in the boot of his car and ends up having to buy new gear all the time when it falls apart. ive also heard that the powder stuff you sprinkle into shoes can work but dont quote me on that, i havent tried it.

really you just have to try and keep your wraps clean, give the inside of your gloves a bit of a rub with a towel after you use them and make sure they get aired.

3. hux

hux ya, whatever.

ya, what he said :)

we spray athlete's foot spray into ours as well...seems to be working so far, I've owned 'em for like 8 months now I guess. They don't stink, and I sweat like a horse.

4. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Febreze? Odour-eaters?

Be careful what you put in mind. Theres a chance your skin may break inside these gloves, you dont want getting blood poisoning or infections now do we.

5. addiwei

addiwei New Member

doubt there is much you can do about it. if you have sweaty hands, and stinky sweat, then your gloves are probably going to stink no matter how much perfume you spray in it.

I personally don't have the problem, so I can't complain...but my shoes get stinky. The solution is don't smell them. haha.

As far as the germs affecting your health? blood poisoning? doubt it. fungus, or warts, lose a few dates if you don't wash your hands....

6. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

I was on about the stuff used to clean them. I know somebody who put those little poisonous bags you get inside new TV boxes in his gloves. Didnt get anything but im just sying, its the first thing that came to mind when he told me.

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

After a session, i use a towel to wipe up as much sweat inside as possible. Then go home and give em a rinse.

Basically get the garden hose or take off the shower head and stick in in the gloves then air it out.

Although this can thin the insides of the gloves. So be careful, also dont stick it in the washing machine, cos no matter what quality gloves they are the colours still run.

All my tighty whiteys are pink.

8. creswell

creswell New Member

I find the problem is not from my own sweaty mitts but from other peoples. The pads in our club hum....when you swap around this aroma gets transferred into your own gloves via your wraps...and its horrible. Ive been using deodorant in them...but I found these from the title (usa) website.

http://store.titleboxing.com/glovedogs.html

9. creswell

creswell New Member

one more thing - use leather gloves - the crappy plastic gloves do stink after only a few sessions.

10. addiwei

addiwei New Member

i wonder what would happen if u threw them in a washer and added like a quart of detergent.. i do it with my wraps,....oh here's another good story...NEVER machine dry black wraps (or wraps in general) with the rest of your laundry...hahaha my pink sheet covers turned out grey..

11. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yeah i did that once... good thing my white singlets are so cheap :D

12. ALPHADEANO

ALPHADEANO U knows it Clart

YEAH, IVE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM,
    I was thinking about that spray they use in the shoes when you go bowling, mabey that would work?

Jammo where do you box in cardiff, might be intrested

13. Origami Itto

Origami Itto Walking Paths

Air your gloves as much as possible, keep them outdoors if practical, and wash your wraps regularly.

14. Lemon wet wipes.

Just wipe everything inside and it wipes up bacteria and keeps it smelling nice.

And air it. :)