Sticky situation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Moi, May 31, 2011.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Nothing to do with me this one but..

So a married couple split up and the husband remarries. His ex-wife them forges his signature at the fertility clinic and spends her divorce settlement on IVF using her ex's sperm having two children.

Now several years later the ex-wife has taken the man to court for him to contribute to the cost of bringing up the kids. He's had to pay £100000 plus costs even though the court agreed the consent was a 'simulation'

Im guessing the kids interests are coming first here but what a situation

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/not...ave-two-children-and-then-claimed-100000.html

2. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Thats just plain wrong! He should take action against her for fraud etc

3. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

In my books the kid may be genetically his, but if he wasn't involved at all (ie, didn't give consent for his semen to be used or have sex) then he shouldn't be obligated to look after it. Regardless of the outcome I hope she gets her **** kicked for being such a cow, what she did is such a messed up thing to do to someone :|

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeah I read that at work, if she has willingly,knowingly and fully admitted that she has forged the signature, she has commited fraud! I dont know how the Judge is letting her get away with that. Furthermore I dont understand how an argument was made that he has to pay for the children.

I'm talking out of bias a little here, but I got friends who've had ex partners have custody of children simply of the fact that "I'm a woman and currently unemployed because of the child" and then they have to work through the bone paying child care issues. And then having to bend over backwards because their other half has essentially used their child as a bargaining tool.

I always took their complaining with a pinch of salt until I actually met the ex's!

5. Moi

It's either he pays for them or we do. I suppose ability to pay may have something to do with the decision or the fact he now has a relationship with them although I don't know when that started.
    The 20 years of marriage must have played a part in the decision?

The court is obviously looming out for the children which in turn helps the mother. It does break the rules over not being able to legally benefit from a crime but I suppose blood is thicker than .......well ***163;20 notes apparently :)

6. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Sounds like this could have been avoided if as part of the divorce the IVF clinic had disposed of the sperm. It can't be much fun for the kids.

7. Moi

Mum's shop at Iceland :)

8. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

She's such a bitch!! He should sue the **** off her.

9. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

I'd say the kids involved are the victims of the mother. Those kids have their entire lives in front of them and I have to wonder how much, if any, of that money will directly benefit them now and maybe even through college. Seems like the father should be entitled to at least 50% visitation and a reduced support rate since the mother has already proven she's of questionable moral character and is merely using the kids for money.

Oh, and what Blade said! :mad:

10. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Well, that's gonna make for one very awkward "Where's my daddy" conversation

11. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

1. Duct-tape, rope, concrete block
    2. Lake
    3. Take kids
    4. ????
    5. Profit

12. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Anchor replacement business with the kids at the marina? :hat:

:Angel:

13. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Stuff like this has been going on for a few decades.

Surrogate moms, sperm ownership, etc.

14. Moi

They'd always been told they came from the freezer :bang:

15. Moi

Don't usually get court awarded compensation though. Hopefully he'll apeall