...stick training..

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by jerge525, Oct 3, 2006.

1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

You are mentioning what has been taught to the ancients and the folks that lived and died by it. I am not so sure that kind of spirit is where the art is in the US.
    It definitly is where many are though, those are the ones that are truly one with the blade.

Gary

2. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

This is my concern, my friend. There are no more Blade culture except for ours. Many people have forgotten, we have to resist this aversion to risk ('I cannot train with blades because I will be cut'). The blade will cut you, yes, but this is part of the melding process wherein the fighter and his sword become one. The more you bleed for your blade the more you are connected. :woo:

3. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Blades are one of my favorite's for sure...I prefer the smaller easier to carry though, but I do have a sheathed one that is in my carpenter pants on the right leg. I am told that might get me into trouble with the law.

Sheathed are supposed to show they say... California has some contradictory law, the "Sikhs" can carry into a school covertly, and the other citizen can't.
    Many carry a blade in todays society. The UK is close to shutting that down I have read.

Not good.

4. shootodog

shootodog restless native

yes he did.