Steves strongish log.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by seiken steve, Aug 29, 2011.

1. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Ha! I'd love to mrs, as long as you don't keep going off to poke Beatles or whatever it is you do.

2. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

:topic:Can I join the fray too?. Been obsessed with the Potala Palace for years. I suspect the chinese have ruined Llasa but time doesn't stand still anywhere. Actually you're probably better spending it on something you want:cool: Interest rates are rubbish so not a good time for savings, just spending

3. seiken steve

100 quid on a night out, WOOPS.

4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

:mad: I thought you were saving up to take me and harukoraharu to Tibet?! ;) :D

5. seiken steve

haha! sorry frodo!

Huge DOMS in my hammys today, combo of the box squats and i think dancing.

I've had my blowout now, back to eating well, training hard and drinking less.

6. seiken steve

Warm up and crap

Skipping 2x5 min

RFD
    Kneeling box jump

Plyo testing
    Box jump
    48" (PR)
    50"(PR+ gym record)

Valerea
    Got to the end and realised I hadn't set off the stop watch, It was defiantly over 10min and under 15 I think.
    I'll explain, Valerea is a test of strength and conditioning, it's 21 reps of each movement, all reps must be completed before starting the next: 80% BW bench, 150% BW Deadlift, BW pull up, BB curl.
    I used 70kg, 150kg and 30 KG respectively

Bench
    90x1
    100x1
    104x1

deadstop shrugs SS with GHR (6 reps)
    100x6
    140x6,6

Normal shrugs SS with GHR sit ups (10 reps)
    140x6,6,
    100x12

DB row
    40kg plus whatever the handle weighs

Done, will post vids tomorrow.

7. seiken steve

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96BVBJ_DWOQ&feature=feedu"]RFD keeling box jumps. - YouTube[/ame]

the RFD kneeling box jumps. (with one fail)

and the 50" box jump

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chtxBYo1e7Q"]50 inch box jump - YouTube[/ame]

8. Frodocious

9. seiken steve

Thanks, it's a shame heavy weights may you slow and un-explosive.

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

What?

oh its a joke.

how did you start out with box jumps?
    what are progressions like?

11. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

nice!

also, i hate you :p

12. seiken steve

Honestly zaad? That was pretty much my first time doing them.

Before then I'd done conditioning stuff with them (small box fast as possible) I'd been doing the RFD and saw the gyms record board (48" jump) and thought 'I'll have that' and the video is the result of that!

I can't really seem much point in just doing box jumps as a 'big' movement unless it was sport specific (for PK I guess)

ME and DE box squats as well has ME front and back squats are all the prep I did, I think the RFD helped a bit but I've only done about 3-4 sessions of it.

Things I would use (and plan to when progress slows with the KBJ) are KBJ, kneeling broard jumps, depth jumps, knee's to sprint, knees to 180 to sprint.

All done for 3x3 prior to a workout (when your fresh) and on off days.

Knees to sprints I occasionally use for sprints, knee's to 180 to sprint racing a partner is a fun and tough workout (best of ten or something)

13. Frodocious

I know, shocking isn't it! :)

What he said!

I've got a big of jumping added into the new routine I'm starting this week, I'm going to mix and match jumps for height and distance. The only problem with the height stuff is I don't have a set of boxes to work with, so it'll have to be best guess thing on the height.

14. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

I hate you too, lol. You heavyweights and your strength! :D

15. seiken steve

Want someone th hate? I'll put up a vid of the guy I learn all this off, he's 290lb at the min and has a 47" standing box jump.

Have you considered using stairs frodo? Basically a box jump anyway and you have plenty of variety, the distance shouldn't matter because the higher your jumping the further back you stand anyway.

16. Frodocious

It did occur to me that using the steps down to the back garden (we live on a hill so the front drive is 1 storey higher than the back garden) might be an idea, so now that you've firmly placed the idea in my mind, I'll put that in my routine when I move on to higher jumps.

17. seiken steve

Just be safe please!

And mike: the man is an animal [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50qZfkBHgRU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]47in box jump at 292lbs - YouTube[/ame]

18. Frodocious

Always! The one thing that has been putting me off using the steps is that they are concrete, so I'd just have to make sure I don't overface myself!

19. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

i was talking to a guy in the gym using boxes.

i think ill include them on my speed day for my next cycle.

20. seiken steve

It's great fun, you'll love it, lmy advise is only what I've found works for me, do whatever seems awesome and you'll be fine!