Steves strongish log.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by seiken steve, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

I'd REALLY prefer you guys just used the damn mailbox. You know what a chore plastering the holes is?

2. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

So I still haven't been to the gym, my brother is using the car, I start work at 5, if I can't head off within 15mins I'm going to get the kettle bell out and have a play.

3. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Don't even think for a minute we don't.

4. seiken steve

@bel toller, shucks, thanks buddy, that's a great signature by the way, always liked that one.

So I played with the kettle bell last night, just did a bunch of swings, snatches and C+P

Hitting that lats and back session in a min, will shoot some footage too, to make up for all the erlier negativity.

5. seiken steve

So just got back from the gym and apart from a minor 'mishap' with a couple of D bags I had a great session, the passion was back in spades and spades. I shot a whole bunch of footage that I'll edit together for you guys and post up in a mo.

So the workout

Sunday 18th sept

Palm forward pull ups

CAT band resisted Deadlifts (120kg bar weight + 2x180lb short bands)
    12 singles (v. Litle rest)

DB pull overs
    22.5kg x10
    30x10
    30x10
    32.5x10

Deadstop DB row
    42.5 x10
    50kgx10 PB form was more relaxed as you'll see but it means I get a great contraction in my lats

DB row
    42.5 x10

Bodyweight row
    3x10

Wide grip cable neutral grip row
    Full stack x 10,11,15 (lots of stretching between sets)

John meadows style stretching rows in the T-bar
    15x8 straight into 30x6 done twice

'Stretchers' super setted with preacher curls 3x10 of each

Incline sim DB hammer curls 3x12 with 12s and a few extra reps thrown in at the end (on video, a lot of this will make more sense when you see it)

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Glad to hear you had a good session! Yay for the PB! :happy:

7. seiken steve

My lats are still pumped LOL.

think I'll go for a run tomorrow and do some overhead stuff Tuesday.

Played around with the recipe of my gym juice today too, was bloody horrible, nothing worse since I can't afford to waste it, got to get through 2L of the stuff!

8. seiken steve

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTqTQSh4Qu4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]'highlights' from steves workout - YouTube[/ame]

Few wedgie shot in again, really need to stop training in sweats lol!

Other things I noticed when watching are

1: pink boxers add 10lbs to your total
    2: the band pulls throw me out my grove a little, in about 30-40% of the those reps my form wasn't where it should be, I'll make extra effort next time and if it still throws me off I'm ditching them.
    3: Sunday Is douchebag day
    4: train are awesome, the other tunes were not.
    5: I fidget between sets a lot

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Steve, props for posting videos with your log, it definately adds something.

I would like to add critisism though.

At 5.17 you appear to have a lot going on with your lower body on the pullovers. Have you tried putting both feet on the bench for better isolation? That extra movement brings into play a load of muscles that do not need to be used. You also have the added benefit of your core having to do the stabilising, rather than the floor providing the stability when the feet are down.

It is similar at around 8.17. Lots of extra muscles being used to shift the weight.

10. seiken steve

Yeah, I felt that on 5.17, I think I'll put my feet up like I was doing a sit up, I used to do that a while ago and kind of slipped out of the habit.

At 8.17 the body English was kind of voulentary , maybe once every 2-3 month I'll loosen up form and just go for it as heavy as I can ala matt Kroc, the rest if the time I row more like the set after with no dead stop and a good stretch.

Thanks for the criticism I'll be sure to pay attention to these things.

11. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Awesome! My lats hurt just watching. There were guys in your gym with things on their hands but I didn't see them lift anything heavier than half a bench, what's that all about ;)

12. seiken steve

They're the two D-bags that I had a run in with halfway through my workout, they are very annoying, they come in do a couple of lat raises several hundred curls and half an hour of abs.

It's a shame as it is a pretty good gym with 4 or 5 decent bodybuilders in and some serious lifters but the location mean a lot of doylems get in too.

13. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

There's dingleberries in every gym, even the elite ones. Comes with the terrority.

14. seiken steve

True that, I can normally just ignore them, I'll offer help if they ask or are going to get hurt but most people never listen.

Also dinner:

starter: pan fried scallops with slices of belly pork on a bed of salad:

And main: half a rack of lamb with steamed veg and roast spuds and roast shallotes. With a double side of asparagus wrapped in prosquitio ham.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  15. seiken steve

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attached Files:

16. belltoller

BTW, why' ja cut off on the dumbell overheads...I was beginning to fancy the blonde there.

17. seiken steve

Oh, I'm afraid that's camera and distance working against you, she's at least 55 and has had a few too many sun beds, she's one of only two females I see venture into our weights room so she's still pretty cool.

Soreness update, the band pulls have given me a good soreness in my upper back and traps, the kind that feels productive, not too much to recover from, I hope I can sort the issues out so they stay in. My lower traps and rhomboid are sore as hell too, I was trying to spread my scaps at the start of every two handed row and retract them at the end with a good squeeze.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  18. belltoller

LOL! Ah...well, nice figure anyroads.

19. seiken steve

Aww I wish I'd never told you, you could have been happy in your ignorance!

20. belltoller

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQOb8h1rrY&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQOb8h1rrY&feature=related[/ame]