Steven Seagal interview talking about Anderson Silva

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Cody1889, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody1889

Cody1889 Valued Member

Hey guys, I am new here. I have been a fan of martial arts for a while but haven't looked for a community for it until now. I want to start contributing so I found this new video of Steven Seagal talking about his friendship with Silva and how he taught him the front kick. http://shrt.fm/heeS5r

I didn't know Steven Seagal was so legit.

2. Cody1889

Cody1889 Valued Member

No one has an opinion on this or even a comment?

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

4. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Umm, Okay. One thing is for sure and that is Seagal is boring as hell. Oh and a nob. A lying nob. An overweight lying nob. A boring overweight .........

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

QFT

6. izumizu

izumizu Banned Banned

K, I know who S. Segal is...who is Silva? And does this Silva kick better than Pele?

7. izumizu

izumizu Banned Banned

If they gotta bring S. Segal in after UFC 126...the whole world of MMA/UFC is in a whole world of trouble!

8. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

What're you on and can I have some?

9. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

10. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

To be fair, Segal never really says he taught Silva to kick from scratch.
    He says he knows Silva to have already knock out power etc and that he thought he should utilise it in some kicks, which i take it to mean something different to a round kick.

Personal opinions aside, the training sessions and coincidentaly the front kick was trained between these two guys.
    With Segal showing Silva his method.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqeWlDnijH4"]YouTube - Anderson Silva training with Steven Seagal[/ame]

Publicity stunt or not, that took place..
    Segal has previously had a few sessions with Machida also, again, not showing him anything from scratch obviously, just his particular methods etc

So someone from Silva's camp says later on that its not the case, that Silva's own remark after the match was false... Why have Silva train with Segal then - Publicity right? OK then - why report days later that its nothing to do with Segal?

If Segals involvment is in fact for publicity more than anything else, then someone from Silva's camp has a big mouth yeah, maybe they should shut it LOL, well, at least let any interest/publicity it generated ride its course for a bit longer hey?

11. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

12. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Anderson name checked Segal at the post fight press conference and gave him credit for helping him to get the win. Its easy to overreact against Segal, the guy obviously has something to contribute and some legit skills, Anderson isn't the easiest person to impress in the world.

At the end of the day Anderson won his fight with a front kick KO! If he says Segal teaches some good stuff and that it helped him I for one am going to believe him!

13. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I'm with Snoop. I think Seagal is a sad specimen. But if there's video footage of Seagal working with Silva on the front kick, and Silva credits Seagal with improving his front kick, and Seagal says they worked on the front kick, and there's fairly obvious emperical evidence that Silva successfully implemented the front kick...

14. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Closed because it's been discussed before. And for saying Segal is legit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.