Steve Morris says all forms of Karate are useless

Discussion in 'Karate' started by ronki23, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Martin L Holloway

Martin L Holloway New Member

Karate does work.

2. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

It is, but it was a simple hoax and meant to be a joke.

His family has stated this many times.

3. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

I would say that you are the troll.

4. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

No worries that series is coming and you will be provided with a link personally.

5. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

It is really irrelevant as I wouldn't follow any rules during combat...that is my point. Why would you...you are not really testing anything of substance.

6. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

Will do, I will make sure that I will report those threads that have them as well.

7. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

3 step sparring, is not a viable curriculum and was pretty much developed for point fighting.

8. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

That i can agree with.

on the broad spectrum I'd say, as with any martial arts styles, there are clubs, lineages and individuals across the spectrum most of which demonstrate the best of that style.
    There are plenty of unskilled martial artists after training for and time unfortunately which set a bad example and as such bring the whole system of their represented style into question.

This particular thread is based around the idea of forms/kata being an ineffective training tool.
    Maybe youh an opinion on kata in relation to your experience?

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

‏مجموعات Google

No they haven't, it was reported on a satirical website, and now very silly people on the web who believe anything they read keep on repeating it.

10. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

Ah...so the interview with his daughter was s hoax then

11. Dead_pool

The entire story was invented as satire, none of it was real, if it was it would be easily found out as it's so widely used by people who are experts in the law.

Grond likes this.
  12. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

Hmm...not finding anything on the fact that it was made up. Can you provide a link?

13. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Then you are a fool. Until recently, I owned this website, so I am highly committed to this community and have a pretty solid reputation for promoting good martial arts and participating in knowledge sharing with other martial artists from around the world. On the other hand, you wander in, act like a clown, then insult one of your hosts.

Nice work.

Grond, Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  14. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

Yeah...none of that impresses me. You don't like my opinions and want to call them insults, that is your business...but yeah, I still think that you are a troll. At least in this thread.

Name calling makes you look real centered.

15. Dead_pool

I already have.

16. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

Hmm...questionable, but I will keep looking for something more legitimate.

17. Dead_pool

Your entire arguement is this:

God of the gaps - Wikipedia

It's not true for religion, and it's not true for martial arts.

Grond likes this.
  18. Dead_pool

Have you found any news reports which report the family saying it's a hoax?

19. Dead_pool

"Black’s Law Dictionary blasted into the public’s consciousness in a big way on May 28, 2003 when the website, 100777, reported that Sarah Black Medhurst held a press conference at the Black family estate and claimed that the famous dictionary was originally written as a joke by her great-grandfather."

The Evolving of Black's Law Dictionary

A quick look at 100777, shows it's a conspiracy website, you would have to be a fool to fall for this.

"
    Greetings one and all,

The world knows a story of the birth of Jesus but anyone can see it is a total sham by now orchestrated by santa and his evils."

Happy 25th | 100777.com

Grond likes this.
  20. Guthrie

Guthrie Member

A few years back, but, everything I have found, other than the link you supplied, said it was originally a joke.

But, rest assured...I will keep digging.