Steer clear of Nokia 6233

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by prowla, Sep 6, 2006.

1. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I've just upgraded to a Nokia 6233, on Orange, and it looks like it may have been a mistake.
    When you switch on the phone, it says "Phone restricted", and you have to keep trying and switch it off/on several times and hope that it will start. Then it occasionally fails to register the SIM too!
    I got through to someone in Orange tech support who knew what they were talking about (afer three who didn't!), and she told me that this is a known problem, first reported in June, and they don't have a date for a fix (Nokia have to develop it, and Orange have to test it - presumably better than they did the current one!). We tried a couple of things to fix it (putting in a SIM from another phone, and setting it to GSM only), but they didn't work.
    I'm going to stick with this one for a few days and decide whether to send it back.
    But my advice is to steer clear of the Nokia 6233.

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Avoid the Nokia 6280 on the Three network too, I know three( :) ) people who have had problems with this arrangement, apparently it's something to do with Three having their own software on the phones.