Staying Small

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Rikkru, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Rikkru

Rikkru New Member

Can I stay small and get stronger by doing pull-ups, tricep pull-ups, diamond push-ups, planche pushups, handstand pushups, jumping squats, running about 7 miles a day, and eating normally? I'm talking about Bruce Lee small.

2. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Why are you worried about looking small?

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ROTFLMAO!!!

What on God's green earth does 'Bruce Lee small' mean? Reality check. With the work out regimen you've listed above you're not in any remote chance of 'getting big'... not a chance in hell. In fact with that sort of a workout you're looking at staying Tinkerbell small. lol.

Seriously the above workout is poorly planned. You really need more variety and movement in different planes. You have only pushing motion for the most part and no pulling motion. You're looking at massive imbalance in your workout routine that will lead to a pretty big imbalance in your physique.

4. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

You run 7 miles a day I don't think you have to worry too much about a big increase in mass!

Anyway,your biggest size/strength gains occur in the first year of training.Unless you eventually train specifically for mass,or do something like the dreaded 20 rep squat routine I wouldn't worry about getting too big.

Are you trying to keep your weight down to stay in a certain division in wrestling or boxing or somesuch?

5. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Well,he could always tie weights to himself,Slip!

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I think I'm going to found the Institute for Freedom from Bruce Lee Worship.
    Seriously. It's insane that this absurd standard people try to hold themselves to. :D

7. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Whats the matter?

You haven't seen or not enjoyed the

"How Bruce Lee Changed the World" film

:)

8. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

Why would you want to stay small?

9. 47MartialMan

To be fast like Bruce Lee....Whaaaaa

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Rikkru, lifting weights does not make you big, eating makes you big. Have you any idea how much food is consumed by a serious weightlifter? Massive amounts, every two hours for some. That in conjunction with weights will make you big. In addition you could eat well, train hard but not get in the correct rest and still not make the gains.

Get your self a proper workout regime, eat well and programme in rest days.

Oh and forget about getting to big.

11. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Hello Rikkru welcome to the forum.....What is your definition of big for you, is it weight mainly, or is it the possibility of your body bulking up that you want to avoid.

12. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

What is it with people who think they'll get big and lean by accident? I've b e trying for years now and it's hard work, if you want to train for years without gaining weight just ask one of the thousands of people who successfully look the same each year even though they religiously train in the gym.

13. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

Deadlift, Squat, OHP, Bench Press, Rows, Dips, Chins. 5 x 5.

Plenty of walking or, if you really feel the need to, light jogging as active recovery.

Intersperse with sprint sessions maybe once a week. Tabata if you're feeling hardcore and aren't afraid of a little puking.

That's a sustainable routine that'll make you strong and 'not big'.

There's no need to overcomplicate it. Why do people feel the need to make it complicated?

14. righty

righty Valued Member

Are you Asian?

15. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Why do you want to stay small? Unless you are having to keep your weight down for a specific reasin putting on some quality muscle is a good thing for most people.

16. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

He might be a chimney sweeps apprentice?:rolleyes:

17. Suhosthe

A sweep is as lucky as lucky can be! :)

18. 47MartialMan

A few people I asked, if they start a weight training program, they think they will get buig. The big factor to them in getting big, is that they think over time, the big-large will turn into fat.

19. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

I'm just curious about what a 'tricep chin-up' is...

20. Suhosthe

I wondered about that myself. :)