Stay with him or leave him?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Dragon_Princess, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Ide like to know what the status between them is now. Did we make a difference?

2. darlph

darlph New Member

I'm with Chazz, Are you still with him or what? We make our own destinies through our own choices. And like my father once told me, "you made it without it before, why not now?"

3. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

My Princess, do i know the couple that u speak of in this thread?If so, did they go to our high school? A simple yes or no will do. YOu can explain the details later (Ofcourse I'm just being nosy:D )

On a serious note, I suggest she takes a sekf defence clase, or some sort of martial arts and supprise his butt the next time he raises his hands to hit her. has she ever thought about that. Why not mention it too her
    :confused:

4. darlph

darlph New Member

Check out the new mag Self Defense for Women Vol 2. It has a decent article in it about relationships, how to identify abusive behavior patterns in your partner. Also some of the other articles about looking like a victim and such aren't too bad either.

5. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

I'm not sure your quick-fix solution is grounded in reality. I'd be quick to advise any of my friends that taking up a martial art will not instantly give her the skills to avoid a beating. Surely the best advice you could give to someone you care about is to get out of that situation. In the big scheme of things it doesn't matter a damn if she "surprises his butt" but it does matter if she gets hospitalised and used to feeling like a victim.

6. darlph

darlph New Member

Fluffy, I hope you read earlier suggestions. I did not say take up the Martial arts or it was a quick fix. Hopefully this person will get out of the situation and possibly get some help in not falling into the same rut with some one else, thinking it's "love". Sometimes an solution is right in front of you all the time and you do not see it unless you see it from another angle.
    Most girls are told "don't have sex till you get married", then "you marry the guy you love" sex=love. It's not until you reach an older age that you look back and say "that's screwed-up thinking." But that comes after the mistakes we've made.
    The best "martial arts" advice to give her is not be in the situation at all and protect herself mentally, phyically as best she can. Not the Burning Bed thing. But we're human .........
    If she continues to let her life and mind be jeporadised, she probably will not be around for long either way.
    I'm still curious, is she still with him?
    ps read page 1

7. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

Hiya,

If a man beats a woman or a woman beats a man then the beaten partner should leave everytime because if the person beating them loved or respected them then they wouldn't be beating them.

8. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

It would be nice if sex=love was true though wouldn't it?

9. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

I was replying to wayofthedragon's post, not yours darlph! And yes, I did read the whole thread before replying.

The articles mentioned in your post sounded sensible but sadly probably won't be read by the women that would benefit most from them.

10. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

thanks everyone. i will update about her.

11. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

If it's not 50/50 realation ship it won't work

If there is fisicle Violence Then there is no love.

Now Wrestling is diferent
    That keeps things fun
    But to hurt is not love.

12. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available