Starting Muay Thai Class

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Nettey04, May 5, 2006.

1. Nettey04

Nettey04 Valued Member

I had my frist class in MT last night and it Kick my you know what. I am also in TKD. Those of you who train in 2 different stricking MA do you find it hard to keep the skill seperate and if so how do you keep them from mixing? For example do you find yourself throwing MT kicks in plase of others. As far as I can tell the folds are about the same the stricking surface is a little different ( stricking with the foot vs shin), and the trainig is way more intense.

2. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

There's a Thai Boxing forum.

3. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

4. Nettey04

Nettey04 Valued Member

My bad I did not see it, I was looking for Muay Thai. Can I move this to the other forum if so how?

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  5. Nettey04

Nettey04 Valued Member

The folds of the kicks.

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yeah im still not getting ya

7. Only thing I can thing of is chamber, perhaps?

8. glenchuy

glenchuy has two left feet

i train in 3 striking arts, boxing, muay thai, and taekwondo. it is HARD to not mix up the techniques. very hard. sometimes during boxing sparring sessions, i inadvertently raise my knee up to block when i'm in the corner, during muay thai sparring sessions, i "forget" i can push or throw the elbow when clinched, and i still get the occasional deductions from boxing and TKD for throwing a backhand/fist. the kicks however, are different- i throw the thai kick (for the RH, low round/ lowRH) they're a little slower, but packs a lot more whallop. for everything else, it's TKD for me.

9. scottv

scottv New Member

Sometimes when sparring in TKD I always get DQ for elbow KO to the other guy. :p And I love kneeing too. :D