Started training (at last)

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by pinoy, Nov 1, 2004.

1. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

:p hey guys, dunno if this will interest you, but at last (if u guys still remember me inquiring for kali training place/instructor :D )..

am training under GM Sanchez, he's teaching me first Lightning (sori i forgot the complete style name :confused: , ill check it after i post this, sori guys ;) ), then he'll teach me modern arnis, kasilagan & cinco terros as well..

:love:

wish me luck guys, u also can give training tips, i have hit my head twice :bang: already during training, maybe my arm is not yet used to handling stick at this point :D

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Well Done

"Duck" :D ;)

No really, you will soon stop hitting yourself, beleive me. You would not beleive how many times I hit myself in the head when I first started:eek: . The next stage is taking out a few ceiling light bulbs;) and a few ornaments with the occasional glass window for good measure. The bulb company made a fortune out of me in the early years, still makes a few bucks from me now too.

Great to see your now training, I am sure you will be hooked like the rest of us. If I'm right the full title you were looking for is Lightning Scientific Arnis (GM Benjamin Lima's style). a great style.

Good luck in your training although I am sure you wont need it with such a well respected Master. I am pretty sure too you will have lots more to talk about.

Best regards

Pat

3. Peter

Peter Valued Member

Hi Pinoy

I had the great pleasure of briefly meeting GM Vic Sanchez last December, and he is not only a very respected Grandmaster, but also an extremely humble and polite gentleman of FMA.

The system is Lightning Scientific Arnis, and I am sure that you will greatly enjoy training with GM Vic. If you get the chance, try to train with Master Bert Labaniego of the espada y daga branch of Lightning Scientific Arnis. He is also a very senior studentof the late GM Ben Luna Lema. I managed to train with Master Bert, and he is a highly skilled exponent, and a very humble gentleman. Drop me a PM if you want contact information for M Bert!

Good luck in your training.

Very best regards

Peter

4. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

hey pat, tnx for the tips & moral support :Angel: . Guess I wont think much of the bulbs, we're practicing outdoors, its a sports complex to be precise, I guess I just have to watch out hitting :eek: joggers :D . Coz my palm perspire a lot, I could even hit GM when he observe & stand infront of me :eek: .

5. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

hi pete!! hey thanks for reffering me other great instructors at the time am looking for one. I have talked w/ Sir Orly re Master Bert, I guess, I have not met them because, their training place is too far from my place/work place. As of now, I think I'll finish my training first w/ GM Vic before I see Master Bert. We are training in Rizal, near my place, also I get/got a flexible schedule w/ GM Vic, thats a great factor coz am working on a shifting schedule.

Anyways, Ill try to see Master Bert if i could get a chance ;)

thanks pete :D

6. Roman_Rapido

Roman_Rapido New Member

Hi pinoy!!!

Great to see you've jump to the FMA bandwagon. It was a pleasure meeting you in Makati with Diego_Vega.

Good luck with your training :)

7. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

hi too!! its also a pleasure meeting you guys!!

its just a pity am unable to join you guys there :cry: , marikina is much nearer in my place than makati so i decided to train there. Anyways, I hope I could visit you guys again & maybe you could share some of your knowldge to me? I mean in terms of stick fighting :D .

Again thanks and mabuhay ang FMA :)

8. Allan I

Allan I New Member

hahaha

"Coz my palm perspire a lot"

Hahahahaha! kilala kita!

9. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

And in english that would be ???

10. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

kilala kita = i know you :D

11. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

of course, whou wouldn't :D :D :D , just joking LOL.

you know me coz am cuter than you, hahahahha, oppss, net style of laughing, LOL :D :D :D

ei mr allan I, I posted this thread I think almost a year ago, just visited this site? You have to visit more often, I prefer this vs "group subscription".

:p

12. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

tnx burungkol, you know newly weds, sometimes out of our plane/dimension, either the great experience of having someone beside you or the experience someone is striking you w/ your baston & you cannot strike back, just block :D :D :D

just joking allan :p

13. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

ta much :D

14. Allan I

Allan I New Member

Ooops

Sorry MAP Administrators..I forgot that I am supposed to communicate in english :) Hey! Burungkol!!! Thank you! :)

15. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

block and succumb as usual :cry: hahaha.

hehe :D

16. Ferdie

Ferdie New Member

Welcome, man! It's a great feeling hearing another getting into FMA. Remember to train hard & fight easy.