Star Wars Revenge of the Sith WARNING spoilers.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Neil-o-Mac, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Sweet..

I personally think that Episode 1 should never need to happen, it wouldve made it easier for the storyline if Ep2 was first - start it with the scrolling that said "Obi-Wan picked up some kid and trained him".
    Essentially nothing happens, apart from them picking up the kid.

Ep2 was good, but I really didnt like the relationship between Anakin and Amidala. As Anakin was a bit too whiney "Why oh why cant I be with you?" and he also admitted to mass-murdering a whole village which to Amidala responds..."I love you"
    (I actually wanted to see more of the massacre)

Also the CG was not up to LucasArt standard, they can do better and have done so in the past.

Although the very positive things that StarWars has brought up is the technology for filming, using Hi-Def cameras which are almost as good as film - some debating as its even better - Robert Rodriguez claiming that "film is dead " after testing the cameras for Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Michale Mann used it for his latest film Collateral and some of Ali.

The technology brought out better performances out of the actors and sped up filming schedules as set ups were easier and more compact.

I am looking forward to see what happens though, as I am attempting to treat this trilogy as ONE big movie, the ending may just be what makes the trilogy, wrapping everything up together nice and neatly.

Enjoy....I hope I will.

Thanks for the info PsiCop

2. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

Too bad Knights of the Old Republic didn't come out before the Prequels started. Lucas could have learned a thing or two from Bioware's take on what storytelling ought to look like, as in, actually having some. Nobody needs a Jamaican-sounding humanoid frog with a prehensile tongue, and nobody needs a 10 minute pod-racing scene. They definitely improved with Episode 2, but the whole thing was too...forced. It's as if they were cramming the idea of "Hey, look, we're Jedis now" down my throat, though I did enjoy the scene with the drug dealer: "You wanna buy some death sticks?" :D I mean, who says that to a Jedi?! At least we know there are idiots in Star Wars :)

If Hayden Christensen is in the third movie, and he blows it like he blew the second (though his lines weren't that great either, to be honest), I will be very disappointed.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  3. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

true, some of the dialogue was a bit amateur-ish. George could have reworded a few of the scenes like "I wish I could just wish away my feelings".... you don't use the same root word twice in a sentence. it would have sounded much better if Anakin had said, "it would be great if I could just wish away my feelings." Hopefully there wont be too much of that in episode III.

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Star Wars and Empire are among the greatest movies ever made. Total excellence. Genius storytelling. But Episode 1 and 2 rot to high heaven. Lucas forgot how to tell a story. The scripts suck. They are utter trash. All that great computer wizardary went to nothing because the scripts/stories sucked so bad.

But grudgingly I admit that I am eager to see Episode 3. The slow fall to the Dark Side, the showdown between Anakin and Ben Kenobi -- well, who doesn't want to see that? I hate to admit it but I'm looking forward to this final movie.

5. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Get the original trilogy dvd's there is a feature on the transformation of Anakin to Darth Vader, including some of the fight between Obi Wan and Anakin, pre cgi and even in its raw form it looks way cool!

I cant wait for the Ep III, i loved Ep II and liked Ep I except for Jar Jar, but his character made more sense when he spoke to the senate on the creation of the army of the republic, his lack of foresight and realisation of the consequences of his actions, they leading eventually to the creation of the Empire.

I ve said it before and I'll say it again, its George Lucas' films and story and he can do what he likes to em, if you dont like the new films, dont go watch em simple. When you have self financed the films he has, and wrote as many successful scripts then you can criticise his writing!!!

6. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

Yes. Jar Jar started the Empire. How ironic.

7. Kosh

Kosh New Member

I have alot of problems with starwars. It seems like a tiny amount of plot crammed into 12 hours of films. Ive only watched them once each a long time ago so i cant remeber what plot was there very well.

Nothing actually happened in the first two films. There was the bit where anakin started to go dark, but this darkness (which had infinite potential) was far outweighed by aweful loveydovey scenes and terrible gay-robot one liners, not to mention the worst acting ever. There was a war in the second one, which the good guys won...somehow..i mean they got a load of soldiers from nowhere, but they where as suprised by that as everyone else. Not to mention the bafflingly unrealistic setting of the whole thing. Nice CG.

And one thing that we should ALL be annoyed about, the fact that the whole film revolves around an order of knights who train and dedicate their lives to the use of lightsabers...yet they are ALL terrible at fighting. Except yoda. All of the jedi should be played by MAists. Otherwise they shouldnt be allowed near a lightsaber. (i know darth mall was played by a MAist but i dont remember him doing anything impressive)

The whole jedi MA thing has infinite possibilties, but they cant use any of them because none of the actors can fight. Theyre supposed to have precognition and superhuman abilities, but this is limited to sucking their sword over when they drop it, or the odd burst of lightning. Imagine if you let the guy who choreod the matrix lose on a lightsaber fight scene.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  8. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

it would suck as much as the fights i nthe matrix did probably. now, get the guy who choreographed the fight scenes in fist of legend or legend of drunken master...

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

No, no, get them both! Genious, my friends! That is a brilliant suggestion! We need "Fist" for the realism factor of two or 200 highly-trained, seriously skilled, butt-kicking martial arts masters. But simultaneously we need "Matrix" for the flips and levitation and whatnot that Jedis can do with the Force. Ahh, the potential is beautiful to behold!

10. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Fist of Legend and Matrix choreo was all done by Yuen Wo Ping and his team, not sure on Drunken Master though...

11. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

He did Drunken Master too.

12. Kosh

Kosh New Member

lol the guy who did fist of legend did matrix too. The fight scenes in the matrix were awesome, some of the best ever. I think i read somewhere that he is very proud of the matrix films. But Fist of legend is a brilliant film. Interestingly when Lethal Weapon 4 was made, they approached an unknown MA stunt guy called Sing Ngai, but then opted for JetLi because hes popular in China. Originally they wanted JetLi to play Seraph but he turned it down or they turned him down (not sure) and cast Sing Ngai instead. Which is good, he played Seraph really well, his fight scenes were short but the best in the films. He is probably better at kicking than JetLi.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  13. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

I Confess: watched lame TV Show just to see Star Wars Trailer.

I admit it! I actually sat through a full hour of teen-dramatic hormone-heavy lame television programming (some obnoxious series called "the OCs", aimed at mid-puberty, I think) just so I could see the premiere of the new Star Wars Episode III trailer.

Anybody else?? What did you think of it?

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Theres a trailer for it on the Star Wars DVD, but I think there is a new one. If it is online, I will probably find it or be linked to it :)

The film looks cool though, and Lucas says that it will probably be the only Star Wars not to be given a U or PG rating because of the violence.

15. hazzamoffin

hazzamoffin New Member

Could be worse, i watch the OC for the fun of it, and maybe the sexy ladies. . . Well okay, mainly the sexy ladies, but it breaks up the afternoon of a student looking for reasons to avoid work.

It could be worse though, i know some people who went to watch Bridget Jones Diary 2, just for the trailer.

Atleast you didn't pay to see the show exclusively

16. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

like this one? : http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/teaser.html

edit : not the full trailer - just a teaser. Looks like we will need to wait a little longer. :(

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  17. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

I watched the OC for the trailer. Then again I'm a Star Wars freak, so you're not alone.

18. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

The Teaser-trailer has been out for several weeks. The full-trailer debuted on that OC show. Today it became 'officially' available online in the 'exclusive' (i.e., they expect you to pay to join) fan club website. I honestly ewonder how long it will stay 'exclusive', though, given the nature of the Internet.

For die-hard Star Wars fans, the trailer will be online as of the 14th, and you can see it now, before the movie "Robots", which opened today. (I am going to try to take the family to see 'Robots'. I can get my husband interested in it if I casually mention that it stars Halle Berry -- I just won't mention that she's an animated CGI robot ;) )

19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

20. Wynnston

Wynnston Member

You fight dirty! ;)

But maybe he likes her voice best?

Nah :D