Star Wars Revenge of the Sith WARNING spoilers.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Neil-o-Mac, Jul 25, 2004.

1. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

that was explained vey easily: the dark side clouds judgement and is difficult to see through. personally, i feel it's a weak explanation considering yoda is so in tune with the bright side of the force.

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I have just got a copy of the book of Episode 3, so I will read that and tell you what was missed (if its not too much!) :)

3. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

The book was good. Got it the day it came out (Hey, it's me). It was good because it really delved deep into the character's heads to see what they were thinking. There was also an interesting bit about the significance of the rank "Master" for Anakin that was never explained in the movie. Gaskell, you'll see what I'm talking about. It's a good source material in addition to the movie.

4. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Wondered about that bit, felt a bit weird for him to be whineing about it when he was on the council anyway.

Guess I'm going to have to read the book now :D

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

And how did she ever hide that bump??, Maybe the Green One thought she just had a bad case of wind:D

6. Richdog

Richdog Limecat is watching...

Yeah I agree. Someone as powerful as Palpatine would surely give off some super dark aura or presence that any enlightened Jedi could detect.. I found that a bit off too.

I mean, surely if someone as exalted as Yoda Yoda can sense the slightest shred of doubt in someones feelings... he can sense a sheer well of hatred, anger and evil!

7. TheSanSooStorm

TheSanSooStorm Valued Member

Unless emperor Palpatines emense power is channeled into manipulation. ANd Yoda`s is too connected with whats going on in the war and such.

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Perhaps Palpatine had to somehow 'disconnect' himself from the bulk of his power to remain undetected. Perhaps that was why when he unleashed the force lightning he seemed to deteriorate so quickly, he wasn't used to it anymore?

9. PsiCop

It melted his face. It's clear after seeing the scene 7 times. Yes, I'm a geek.

10. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

lol nerds, no im j/k, i loved the movie

11. TheSanSooStorm

From the first time I watched it I had no other conclusion than it was reflecting back on him from the lightsaber. than someone said something in here that made me question it. After seeing it again, It is completely obvious that the energy was infact reflecting back onto him. You can seen the bolts of electricity.

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I finished the book last night, and as PsiCop says, there is some more stuff about the rank of Master and why Anakin wasnt promoted. It also goes into more depth about Anakin's thoughts and feelings, effectively showing how he slid to the dark-side.

You should all read the book! :D

13. PsiCop

Glad you liked it. I personally enjoyed the book more than the movie. I thought it was very well-written. I didn't care too much for the beginning though. They spent some 100 pages describing the 5 minute space battle with endless descriptions. I didn't care for that too much. I did enjoy 'Part 2' though, when they went back to Coruscant.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  14. tang_sou_dao

tang_sou_dao YoU cAnT sEe Me!

i thought the fil was good, non stop action really but a bit corny - "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!"

15. TheSanSooStorm

I watched it for the third time today, and I grow more and more confused as to why people think the one who played Anakin did such a bad job? If you look at his almost over dramatic, complaining, whiny, comments towards the end, you start to notice that they are just the perfect tone to fit how Darth Vader talks in ep. 4-6. Example? WHen he says "Don`t under estimate my powwwwerrrr..." It almmost sounds like "You better give that back big brother.....or I`ll tell mom." But listen to the scene and just replace his voice with a deep chest spoken, booming darth vader voice and it fits perfect.

"Don`t make me destroy you." Enough said about that comment. The eyes were perfect, okay if you get a chance to see it again, look at his eyes towards the end. Rage, pain, sorrow, all in a glance. Topped off with a side of confused. SOme might say its corny, I say its Star Wars.

"Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!" Yes its out of character, and because we have been rubbed soar from constant star wars joke it almost seems like a joke. But let me ask you something, if you learned your wife died, what would you say? "Uh.....that sucks." So come on, admit it, its not the supreme, Don`t fail me again Darth Vader we are used to, but at least he diden`t shrug it off. like "Oh........well.....that sucks. So are we ganna order pizza or what?"

Also you`ll notice when EMperor Palpatine says "Destroy all the jedi, than...we will have.......peace." And he almost whispers the "peace" I swere.....it sounds like Pizza sometimes. "Destroy all the jedi!" cackles the EMperor. "ANd then.....we will......have pizza...." Also, not to spoil the videogame for everyone, but on the video game you can play the Obi-won vs. Anakin duel as Obi-won or Anakin, and if you win the duel with Anakin, you get an alternative ending. And awsome stuff happends that you should just find out on your own.

I love the movie, so flame me for it. I grew up on ep. 4-6, and I love these movies.

16. Richdog

Richdog Limecat is watching...

Not a chance, hombre... not a chance. In no way shape or form. :Angel:

17. PsiCop

I agree SanSoo. You made some good points. I never thought it sounded like pizza. I always heard a soft "peace..."

About the game, yeah it is pretty cool what happens in the alternate ending. I like playing as Yoda in the unlockable bonus level.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2005
  18. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

I wish I could play the console games, stupid lucasarts didn't make it for gamecube.. the DS version is good though with the multiplayer flight sim in it!

19. TheSanSooStorm

Theres a unlockable level where you can play as Yoda? I was trying to find a way to play as Yoda but couldn`t find one, just as I couldn`t find a way to play as Palpatine, but I have got to say, Darth Vader is awsome in this game.

20. PsiCop

You can't play as Yoda through the entire game, but there is one bonus mission where you control him.