Star Wars Revenge of the Sith WARNING spoilers.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Neil-o-Mac, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

2. Togakure

Togakure New Member

I thought it woulds be, Star wars III - The Final Straw.

I hope its an improvment on his latest crapness, hell LOTR got a much better trilogy out in half the time.

(better than the 'new' trilogy that is, not that ive seen number 3 yet, but my hopes are not high..)

3. Kirberus

Kirberus Valued Member

Yeah, I hope it's better than the other 2 new ones. I like star wars, but it seems as though they just aren't written, or acted, or directed nearly as well as the first 3.

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Ooooooh! I can't wait! :D

5. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Felt the same way till I found out the baddies called General Grievous

I mean come on

* Disclaimer, though I may moan about this movie over the next couple of months, it in no way implies that I will not revert back to the ultimate fan boy the moment I see the 1st trailer.

6. Jim

Jim New Member

Kinda makes sense I guess... Like Hig, I'll moan and whinge about it but will see it in the first few days of coming out. I had heard that it was going to be called 'The Clone War' but this is better.. a bit.

Ep iv was going to be called Revenge of the Jedi (for those who didn't know).

7. jokerlaughsatu

jokerlaughsatu New Member

i saw Episode 1 in theaters opening night, with a friend who had waited in line for days, with a crowd that was dressed up and into it, and the movie was so terrible that they sat in a stunned silence for most of it, and booed when it was over. :eek: I have to say i agreed. He took one of the great trilogies, and desecrated its memory.

Not that i wont see this one. :eek:

8. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

I'll be seeing it purely for the end fight, and whatever happens afterward.

No matter how poor the directing/writing is, the amount of time (25 years) people have waited to see EXACTLY how we got such a cinematically memorable villian, PLUS the fact that we all KNOW how it ends.....it's definetly going to pack an emotional whollop.

9. YODA

I had the opposite experience - Episode was the 1st film I've seen where the audience gave a standing ovation at the end. Return of the King is the only other :D

10. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

To be fair, the last 2 were pretty cack. There is no way anybody can compare the first three to these last 2 efforts. Still holding out a little hope for this one though.

11. YODA

There is and I do :D

I think EP1 and 2 are easily on a par with 4,5 & 6.

12. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

It's like comparing the last matrix to the first one - It might be more flashy but it's not as good. Having said that, Keanu was and always will be a plank but that makes no difference :D

13. Topher

Topher allo!

I read that Lucas digitally put the guy who plays Anakin Skywalker into Return of the Jedi.

14. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

I don't think the first two prequals are as bad as people are making out. Sure, I don't think they are as good as the orginals... but they were not bad. There are lots worse movies out there then these two.

I just got the EPIII news too. :D I was on my way over here to post it, and someone already had!! :D

I like the title, I think it's great. It really seems to fit into the orginal trilogy. Good sign for you windgers!! :p ;)

I can't wait :D:D

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  15. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

the 1st two both had the same effect on me.

Blew me away at 1st, then over the space of a couple of watchings they started to lose their appeal, don't get me wrong I still love them for certain scenes (ie with Darth Maul & Jango Fett or just LOADS of Jedi :D ), but the overall films don't have the same hold over me that IV, V & VI have.

I don't even think it's due to the story, more the over use of CGI. I just wish Lucas would have a bit more faith in his story telling abilitys & not over compensate with flashy sets/effects. This does look better mind, a return to the old ways :D

(warning, fanboy levels increasing as trailers draw near :p )

16. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

I like the new title. Gives it a retro feel with more inkeeping with the original trilogy.

I have seen TPM maybe 3 or 4 times, and don't feel it is on a par with the others. Clones though I really enjoyed, but Menace is definitely the week point in my opinion. It may be that it was spoiled for me by the anticipation, I don't know. But it doesn't seem to fit in as well as Episode II. I like all the references in II and the first just doesn't seem to have as many (maybe they are more well hidden from me).

Episode III so far from the clips I have seen, and screenshots, looks to be a much darker movie and could easily end up being the best of the lot.

Makes me wish I hadn't seen the original trillogy. Would be interesting to see what people make of the series as a whole seeing them for the first time beginning to end.

17. Topher

Topher allo!

How long till Lucas decides to remake the original trilogy again?

18. YODA

Never.

19. Wesker

Wesker Professional Lurker

Look at how long it's taken Lucas to release the original trilogy on DVD!

20. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie