Squats Vs Bulgarian/Romanian Squats?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bozza Bostik, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Rosi is wonderful! I think it really helps that she competes in MMA at a professional level so is really aware of the sorts of stresses and strains MAs and lifting put on the body and, as importantly, the treatment needed to get back to training fitness. From my experience with the NHS, it's more like a production line aiming to get you through the system ASAP and back to a level where you can sit at a desk and work in relative comfort.

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Yeah, you need to find people who are involved in sports to get any decent help.

It's the same here though. Most of the doctors are only good for signing sick notes...and I think nurses can do that these days after a phone interview. The UK NHS gets knocked a lot and it's understandable why....but things aren't much better here (I personally think they are worse). I got a letter from the health services the other day telling me I can go to the physio. I first saw the doctor about my problems about 15 - 18 months ago. I ended up going private as I was sick of waiting...and hobbling.

I honestly feel I get better service in the UK than I do here, and this is the Nordics where we have "one of the highest standards of living in the world"...And we pay huge amounts of tax. Maybe my doctor back home is an exception. The private sector is better and relatively cheap...but they'll cut your leg off to treat a verruca...More profit in surgery.

Rant over...sorry, folks...carry on!

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely in favour of the NHS, but it has it's limitations (budget, too much emphasis on reactive rather than preventative medicine, not thinking about the potential long term savings if they treated issues more thoroughly etc), but overall I wold rather have the NHS than not have it.

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I totally agree and your complaints are the same as ours...but then again I shouldn't complain too much. When you hear about people in other countries having heart attacks and dying because the doctors were waiting for the patient's partner to sign insurance forms (whether that's true or not, I dunno)...makes you grateful really. At least that won't happen.