Sport or Martial Art?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kobudo, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Kobudo

Kobudo Valued Member

Which was accepted and discussed in the following posts, so I don't understand why it's being rehashed now?

2. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Why not? Is there an expiry date on discussion?

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Yeah about as long as Frodo's supply of cake lasts.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Show me where someone else referenced the likelihood of Hattons' physical condition being a factor...find it? No you didn't because no one else did so call it "fleshing out the bones" of why your postulate was incorrect

These boards are organic and often as not things can be missed due to time differences, old pages being stored or sometimes just responding to a post you see without going further to it

5. Kobudo

Kobudo Valued Member

No, it just seems like the issue is with who posted, rather than what was posted, when the conversation has already moved on

6. Hannibal

It is a debate on the internet and not exactly life or death - believe me if I had an issue with you then you would know about it. Perhaps a little less sensitivity is in order eh?

7. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

Personally I find the ruleset too restrictive. What if you're on the street and you find yourself in a TW situation, but you dont have a squidger in your pocket?

Now I train Street Tiddlywinks (ST) so I would use a coin or even a credit card, but if you were to do this in a ETwA comp you would be disqualified

Ridiculous, how can your average Winker hope to wink on the street if they dont throw aside the rules and train for real life tiddles?

I said WINK-er

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  8. Hannibal

You obviously haven't drilled your basics enough - a good tiddle will work if you practice it enough. This trend for modernising or adding to tiddles dilutes the purity of this system.

Anyway, I have had 4 coffees so I am now off for a tiddle

Hail to fellow winkers!

9. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

I'm not sure that definition works anymore, since many people no longer study the individual components as separate arts.

10. Hannibal

Stop ruining my fun

11. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

This is typical of the kind of blinkered attitude I would expect from sport winkers (italics =scorn)

All I know is one day you will find yourself without a squidger and...well I just hope you can wink your way out of it man because you're OK

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  12. Hannibal

This is getting alarmingly like "Mornington Crescent".....