Spinning Hook Kick KO at UFC 142

Discussion in 'MMA' started by liero, Jan 15, 2012.

1. liero

liero Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvC1C0KF4M"]Edson Barboza vs Terry Etim BRUTAL K.O UFC 142. HD - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty sweet counter kick, I didn't see the full card, just this.

Thoughts?

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I knew refusing to get my hopes up for Etim was the right thing to do.

Sweet kick though

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Beautiful kick... but jeez I hate listening to the commentators on that clip. It may be the first time in the UFC... but it's been a lethal kick for a long time. For my money the harder landing kick belongs to Badr Hari... the kick that broke Stephan Leko's jaw in several places in the K-1. Ouch!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKjTNaYPDrc&feature=related"]Badr Hari vs Stefan Leko brutal K.O - YouTube[/ame]

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Other than a stop hit on the buttocks if you are quick enough, I have never taught a defence against the heel hook or spinning hook kick, other than getting out of the way.

Awesome if you get it right.

5. liero

liero Valued Member

Slip, That hook kick WAS much more beautifull. He shoots it out straighter through the guard which means even if the guy moved in he stil would've got clocked. Lovely!

Simon, Yeah if you know it's coming a cut or push kick to the body might stop it. You can duck as well I guess :S

6. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Niiiicccceeee!!

7. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Did he set this up with a spinning back in earlier rounds? Because the guy was dropping his guard like he was expecting a spinning back.

That was pretty sweet.

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

9. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Twas a thing of beauty. I've never been able to pull of spinning hook kicks even when I trained in TKD so I appreciate the skill of it that much more.

10. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Holy crap that's a nice kick.

The great thing IMO is that Etim sees it coming,but he drops his hands to block a body kick. Cue boot to the face.

11. TaekwonPRO

TaekwonPRO Valued Member

A double arm block works nicely, because you won't have to worry about counters when they are in the middle of a spinning heel kick.

12. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

he came off the cage with an offensive back-side kick. not only did it land, but he continued to land kicks. he had been working the spin kick range the whole match.... dude was tired and not expecting sweet kma greatness.

and so it was prophesized by one of my buddies: 'watch all the brazilians try to land it.' case in point, every brazilian fighting in the octagon since has tried to add the move, but the distancing is always off.

i think somebody almost landed a switch-spin kick on fx the last promo.

13. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I like that :D

Mitch