Sparring Partner

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by johnny kampilan, Oct 15, 2003.

1. johnny kampilan

johnny kampilan New Member

Hey i'm looking for a sparring partner in the NYC area of any experience level. If you're interested email me at Jonathan11284@aol.com

2. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Your best bet is to find one in a local dojo. Is not wise to spar anyone at any level. You can only improve by sparring someone similar level, or a bit higher. We learn by defeat only.

3. shootodog

shootodog restless native

kampilan? as in the group kampilan? as in the one in paranaque that teaches mt and dts?

4. johnny kampilan

johnny kampilan New Member

To Andy, you do learn more when sparring against someone of a higher experience level, but i've found that it helps to refine techniques by going against someone of a lesser level.

To shootodog, kampilan as in the moro sword, it's a two handed single edged machete like sword with a spikelette at its tip and a handle that is often a stylized crocodile.

5. shootodog

shootodog restless native

yes. i have one at home.

yes sir. i know what it is. i'm just asking if you are a part fo the kampilan team of jun et al. sorry for the confusion.

6. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

I am also looking for a sparring partner from any fighting style.

7. qbushido

qbushido Subaru whore/NYC kid

Johnny, send me a PM with your contact info, we may be able to work out together, I'm in NYC as well