Sparring heaven

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by Ero-Sennin, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I had probably the best sparring match ever tonight. I sparred with my friend for about an hour straight, no breaks. I, along with my friend, am going to wake up in the morning sore and hurting, it will be great. Nobody cares who won, we just know that plenty of new learned techniques were achieved by both of us, and we both pulled some pretty sweet moves. Just thought I'd share that :rolleyes:

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

thats cool, i find sparring the best part of training. we usually spar for an hour 3 nights a week, 1 boxing rules two kickboxing rules. no amount of cardio leaves you as tired as a good session of getting punched in the mouth :D

3. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

You sparred for 1 hour straight, no breaks? That's fishy, man. You must have been going pretty light, yeah? Because after some 3 minute rounds with breaks, I feel like I'm getting tired. Unless ...

4. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

LoLz.... Entirely true too... :)

You're just getting to be an old fogey. Maybe you should start drinking Boost and taking your multivitamins old timer :)

5. Ero-Sennin

Lol, my friend plays soccer and I'm halfway through my endurance shedule for my three months training. We're in pretty good shape. We sparred hard, but there were more intense moments then others. It would usually end up intense for five mintues, trying techniques for ten, and so on. We also had to walk off a few kicks to the thigh ( simulated knee hits ) that stung like a B. But yeah, we went for about an hour straight.

6. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I play soccer, and I played this semester. I'm in pretty good shape too, if you tried to spar with me for 1 hour straight, you'd be seriously winded by the 10th minute, and so would I.

7. Ero-Sennin

Ok :D

8. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

hell im winded after a couple of 2 minute rounds. part of the point is to get used to fighting when you are tired and learning new strategies when you are moving slower.

9. Hades

Hades the deskjob boxer

Most of the times I spar 5 rounds of 1 minute, with about 20 seconds break in between, and then 10 rounds of 2 minutes.. with a minute break in between.. that usually gets me completely exhausted, and I'm quite a good condition..

You sparred for an hour?? :confused: with no breaks?

Was it full contact? what protection did you use?

or are you in such a good shape??

10. Ero-Sennin

Lol, you guys make me feel like there was no way I could have sparred for an hour! Alright, when people in my art spar it's not really for sport. Therefore we are not trying to bombard our opponent with as many attacks hoping to land one or two in a short amount of time.

Sparring usually ends up like this . . . somebody attacks, the other person blocks and reacts, or gets hit, or does something to counter. It usually ends with one person hurting for a second or two. When we spar we try to keep it to the rules of out art, which is to disable/kill your opponent in a short period of time. It's a very different type of sparring then say . . . . boxing.

It is still very physically taxing, and yes, if you decide to get sporty with it you'll get drained much quicker. But then you usually end up getting hurt. Does that answer any of your questions?

Oh, and we didn't use any protection other then gloves, and I think it's just because it feels proper? I don't care if we use anything, as long as punches to the head are taken down a bit. Unless of coarse we will be sparring for a short time and very seriously.