Some traditional kung fu self defence techniques

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Tom bayley, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

My point is that both my approach and your approach have potential shortcomings. I am happy to believe that you note any potential for misunderstanding and address it in your teaching.

2. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  3. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

Apologies , I used the wrong word (happens occasionally when dyslexic) believe is the wrong word.

I am happy to trust that you note any potential for misunderstanding and address it in your teaching. in all of your posts in all over the years you have always demonstrated that you can be trusted that you know what you are doing and that you do the best for your students.

Simon likes this.
  4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I'm lucky in that my instructor is recognised here and in the US as a point of force expert.

He was often the guy the Crown Prosecution Service went to before taking on a case.

Combine that with 25 years in the police force and our fairly unique Aftermath programme and we are well placed in regard to self defence.

Hannibal also has an Aftermath Dark programme (which I haven't done yet), which covers among other things the psychological aspects of the life threatening side to self defence, right up to potentially taking someone's life.

That said there always things to work on.

My grappling needs to improve for example.

axelb likes this.