some thoughts..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by TkdWarrior, Oct 19, 2002.

1. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

jimmy dude u amazes me... i like ur answers :)
    ok here's new set for u...
    1. Seeing as cupid is so good at matchmaking, does he have a girlfriend?
    2. Why is that when fish die in water, they float to the top, but when humans die in water, they sink to the bottom?
    3. If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?
    4. If you could walk through the walls, wouldn’t you fall through the floor?
    5.If your named Will and you are in the army do you get worried when people say fire at will?
    6. If they develop a supersonic train, will they give it a whistle?
    -TkdWarrior-

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Damn, I used to know this one. I think he did but it ended in tragedy, as with most Greek legends.
    Actually humans float in water most of the time when they die, exceptions being when they drown and their lungs fill with water. Fish are naturally bouyant, and remain underwater by constant effort, so when they die and their bodies relax they float up. Humans are denser and heavier, so only float with air in their lungs.
    There is actually a religion, I forget the name, that says money is the root of all evil, and so want to collect as much as possible to save people from their selves.
    Yep. In fact you'd probably fall through the Earth and oscillate around the centre, until you were killed by the heat.
    I've always wanted to try that one...
    Given that the shockwave will most likely be enough to shatter eardrums at close range and possibly cause internal injuries I doubt they'll really need a whistle.

3. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

damn with this i'll outta question quick...
    nice post CKDstudent...
    1. why goofy walks on two legs but his dog pluto on four but they both r dogs...??
    2.You know how most packages say "Open here". What is the protocol if the package says, "Open somewhere else"?
    3. Why is it called a TV "set" when you only get one?
    4. Why does an alarm clock "go off" when it begins ringing?
    5. Why do we play in recitals and recite in plays?
    6. Why aren't there bulletproof pants?
    7. when u hav xray eye don't u see even with ur eyes closed?
    u got some more then... enjoy....
    -TkdWarrior-

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Technically Goofy would be referred to as a 'furry', ie a humanoid with the characteristics of another creature. Even in fiction/comics/games involving furries there are still animals. Another possible explanation would be that Goofy, being a humanoid dog, is further evolved, same as humans and chimps.
    Carefully remove label, place on floor, carry package into another room, and open there.
    Damn. :(
    The going off refers to the circuit triggering, same as a bomb going off. It doesn't actually refer to the alarm itself which is going on, usually for far, far too long and too loudly.
    Recitals are simply repeating a set piece, a poem, song, etc, you're just reciting that piece. In a play you don't really recite, at least hopefully you don't, you're meant to act instead, or in other words to 'play' at being the character you're representing.
    The simple fact is that if you were to armour the legs, arms or head then it wouldn't really help, since the bullet would probably still break your leg. Not only is your chest the most vital area (excluding the head, I'll get to that) but its also the biggest target, and the one people tend to aim at. A shot to the limbs isn't going to be fatal in most cases (yes, I know about the femoral artery) and using armour to try and spread the impact will probably cause more damage than the original shot would. In the case of the head bulletproofing would probably just lead to your neck being broken.
    Technically yes, although depending on whether your eyes were passive or active sensors you might not. An active sensor could theoretically shut off when you close your eyes, while a passive sensor would barely be able to see anything anyway.

5. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

If a bird could fly...then why cant a fly a bird? Okay I know this isnt making sense. Just felt it was time for me to add a lil something on this thread. lol. *smooches*

6. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

:confused: You got me there princess :confused:
    Honestly though, a bird is a living being, fly, is a term, a word, an action to be aplied to something. A bird can fly, a fly can not bird

(I don't know if I answered that right, it was so confusing:confused: )

7. Dragon_Princess

;).....:confused: wasnt meant 2 be answered wotd!!!

8. Dragon_Princess

???????..........some thoughts.........:confused: