Some Sparring

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Pretty In Pink, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Ya see?! I told you guys I had friends.

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Hit him harder!

(sorry Chadderz)

:D

3. icefield

icefield Valued Member

What he said, if your not going to compete in boxing then whilst hands only sparring is a good idea , building habits that wont work in the environment you will be competing in might not be the best idea

4. Pretty In Pink

A little kickboxing!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNGDKOBzbc8&feature=youtu.be"]Tom John jan 2 - YouTube[/ame]

One thing these videos have made me realise is how not-good I am when I'm not training. I need to be training everyday.

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Chadz, you should know that multiple accounts are against the TOS!

6. David Harrison

Either protect your plums better or don't quit when you get cracked in the plums :)

7. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

OK much respect Chad, you win a silver star t-shirt. All right as a spectator heres what I saw. You want to get inside on that man, ok first things first bro, STOP putting your hands down, bad bad bad l:hat:, next keep your elbows tighter, you have to start using the cover up to defend your body as well as that thick skull ok. Heres why, if your elbows are tight and your cover up defense is strong you can throw hard punches (chambered) from this place ok thats your game plan.
    Next Item on the agenda, why are you moveing into his right and putting him safe from your right, do 100 squat thrusts and promise me you will stop that :yeleyes: remember I may know where you live lols.
    Now you have a good bob game your weave is alright but needs a little work, you made him miss big a couple times but more on that later ok. Im gonna tell you how to capitalize on that big miss later ok.
    Your foot work is not correct, in boxing you move to the right by moveing the right foot first and to the left by moveing the left leg first, you are not doing that consistantly, and hes catching you off balance, watch it again if you dont think so. Hear me clearly, you must keep your feet under you at all times, you must stand firm to punch firm else wise its just flicking your little jab around like a kid playing around.

Now you wanna get inside on him huh, ok. He was fighting his fight, he was using his reach and keeping his feet well under him, he wasnt allowing his back to the wall, he kept your back to the wall.
    Against him this is what you do.
    1.keep your hands up
    2.cover up, stop jumping back, then counter with several punches.
    3.when you counter do this-Jab,cross haymaker. you have good looping left.
    4.when you maje him miss. use that lunge stance explosively that will get you inside not hop like bunny, spring like tiger.
    5.When you go in go in swinging and dont quit, if he moves back keep the pressure on but dont be reckless.
    Thats a few cents from me Bro.

8. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Better much better. You even look a little ruthless here, by that I mean you appeared to have a game plan you were sticking too even when it got a little hot.
    Bro where is your upper cut, you were inside a few times and didnt make an effort to stay there.
    Good job, you kept up your hands, and punching was a little tighter. One peice of advice from a average size guy to a shorter guy, use the spinning back kick, you would be surprised how many times you land it, being shorter you can throw it very fast.
    ok Im done.

9. bjjbricky

bjjbricky New Member

I'm the tall, stiff, slow guy from the first video.

10. David Harrison

Hey, sorry for getting you mixed up!

That first punch where you angle off, 27 seconds into the video, is great. Keep your hands and feet moving together like that and Chadderz will never stand a chance :)

11. Pretty In Pink

The shorter one is our jujutsu friend from a previous thread! :)

12. Pretty In Pink

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNNqXXMc8Mo&feature=youtu.be"]Connor danny jan 2 - YouTube[/ame]

My little brother. Who also doesn't box. I maintain that he is only that good because I hold pads so well.

13. Pretty In Pink

The Wee Man again :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjSqQHI1zvk&feature=youtu.be"]Connor John jan 2 - YouTube[/ame]

14. Matt F

Matt F Valued Member

Some very good,useable tips in this clip. Worth exploring. Its not pure boxing but striking for MMA, which I fugured might be helpful.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy5pPe-Ce4A"]Sparring Fundamentals DVD - Steve Morris - YouTube[/ame]

15. Pretty In Pink

I'm really not into Steve Morris very much. My Instructor rates him REALLY highly, calls him Britain's best but I'm just not into him very much.

16. Matt F

Matt F Valued Member

Cool. Yea I understand that.I'm the same with coaches and instructors too, some just don't appeal.

Rick Young isn't it? Yea he knows what he is talking about.

17. Pretty In Pink

Yeah! :)

18. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

19. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Yeah, he definitely showed some nice clean combos. The only caveat would be that he needs to stop that thing where he backs up then bounces around aimlessly for a couple seconds. If I wanted to hit him I'd let him unload a combo and then as soon as he pulled back I'd unload and drive him back.

The little guy needs to work on being a little more agressive and throwing more combinations but he's got great posture and and short, tight footwork. It's a good base for a short and stocky fighter.

20. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Probably due to space, but I would go straight back but more circle. And also hands were under the chin.
    But its light sparring and a bit of fun from what I can see, so it's all good. :)