Some Noob questions (thai boxing)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MuayKiDo, Sep 9, 2004.

1. MuayKiDo

MuayKiDo Che!

Oke guys and girls, here are three questions that have been pondering about for a long time.

1. In my Thai Boxing school all the people wear shin protection during non-bag training and sparring. It is considered very normal. But from what i saw at this forum, people at other schools don't ware shin protection.
    And so i am now the only person at the boxing club that trains without shin protection. I was wondering if is it normal to train with shin protection and does this happen in Thailand?

2. How can you make your shins heal faster, without using all kinds of medicine and salves? Some personal experience here?

3. I've noticed that now i train rather intensly, my abillity to drink acohol has increased. I can drink more without getting drunk than before i started to train. Is this an excisting effect, or has it nothing to do with my training?

2. nunchukpaul

nunchukpaul Banned Banned

1. if your sparring you should wear shin protection but thats up to the club or you

2. heal? do you mean condition. and what have you done to your shins for them to need healing?

3. why would you want to drink more, it not going to help with your training and i doubt it has anything to do with exercsing

3. MuayKiDo

MuayKiDo Che!

*1. Oke, that sounds fair :)

*2. Well the thing is that last time my shins were still very sore (purple) at the beginning of the next lesson. That wasn't very good for my training, so i would like to know how to speed up the recovery process. :rolleyes:

*3. That was kinda off topic from me i guess. It was just something i noticed when going out with a friend. I wonder if training will make your body better at something like breaking down alcohol, not meaning that i drink before or after training! I am not trying to show off or anything. :eek:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004