Some clips

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MarioBro, Jan 12, 2005.

1. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I enjoyed the Seagal one. I imagine he's kind of a **** in real life. (He certainly is in his movies.) But it's interesting to watch him move in a real martial arts setting.

Besides, I dig the soundtrack on that one. :)

3. shadow joe

shadow joe seeker of truth

the soundtrack was indeed thumping. Randori always bothers me though, but i won't completely sluff it off until i experience that, because that'd be stupid.

and man that bruce lee game sucks, but good animation. i can't believe Linda Lee gave permission for that game. The guys behind it must've wanted some cash, cause he moves like a stick of wood in the thing. ahh well, back to virtua fighter ;)

peace,
    joe

4. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

5. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

god i hate watching aikido sparring. all i can think is "JUST HIT HIM IN THE FACE ALREADY" when they are doing their complex arm twisty stuff

6. ptkali778

ptkali778 Valued Member

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

8. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

9. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

all those moves on Seagals video are pretty nice and look cool.
    But i wonder how he would hold up against a non compliant Thai boxer or something. ~Not very good me thinks.

10. milamber

milamber New Member

*Commercial advertising removed.*

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2005
  11. evilkingston

evilkingston 필요악

12. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Cool 3 part history of TaeKwonDo

Here is a 3 part series on the history of TKD...I thought it was quite interesting.

http://www.freefree.co.kr/taekwon/cf_02_1.wmv
    http://www.freefree.co.kr/taekwon/cf_02_2.wmv
    http://www.freefree.co.kr/taekwon/cf_02_3.wmv

It is not just a history, but a documentary...it discusses how Ali took TKD to improve his fighting ability...yes, his punching ability for those who disbelieve (and he says so himself). Bruce Lee is also mentioned in these clips; 'Everyone thinks that Bruce learned his kicks from Kung-Fu, but he learned them from TaeKwonDo'.

I think any TKDers will like this one (as well as other forms..it is very interesting).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  13. shadow joe

shadow joe seeker of truth

yeah, i like the ideas behind aikido but they need to do some striking so they can practice against what they will encounter...

i really dig the Tai Chi i'm into because i can go apply it on the grappling mat with folks who don't study the TMA and evolve my own application of it.

14. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

15. untouchable_cat

untouchable_cat Banned Banned

Im Not Trying To Diss But That Steven Seagal Stuff Was To Good To Be True If You Can Do That In Eal Life And Deal Out Pain Sign Me Up For Aikido, But For Real I Think That Stuff Was Staged. For Real, It Looked Like Something Off Of Wwe/wwf/wcw

16. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

Well that was worth the necromancy.

17. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

As an aikidoka I would like to stick up for Steven Seagal..... But I can't his aikido does not impress me at all. He did not begin his study in traditional aikido his first black belt was in ki aikido and a six foot plus guy doing a bad version of tenchi nage on compliant "attackers"???? Check out Chiba shihan or Saito shihan if you want to see effective aikido. I will now wait for all the Seagal fans to bear down on me.

koyo

18. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

I doubt Kelly LeBrock was terribly impressed by Fat Steve's aikido.

19. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

That's when I train in aikido we a compliant half the randori and really try to "hurt" the guythe rest of the time! actually were not out to kill each other! :D