Solo Routine ideas

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Vivec, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Vivec

Vivec New Member

Hi all, new forum member here.

I started muay thai as a hobby around September last year and practiced 1 or 2 times a week up until this March. However, due to medical reasons I have not practiced since and classes have now finished until September this year (it's a university run club I go to).

Can anybody recommend a good routine/interesting combinations that will get me back into the swing of things and that can be performed solo? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

3. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Why not just pop into a local Muay Thai gym and get some proper instruction until next term?

4. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

The solo roll is my specialty bro, OK so you do Thai kick boxing, you mentioned a running club, my guess is that you have good cardio already so you just need to keep your martial skill sharp. Just throw on some shorts break down in your mt stance and shadow box using technique you've been taught, I'd say five minutes a day, then stretch. If you don't like that just throw single technique and try some isometrics to keep your balance on.

5. Fallasha11

Fallasha11 New Member

A Rough Guideline

Assuming your medical reason has gotten you rust, the best thing would be to slowly condition yourself. Going back to classes is a start, but you can also train your body back to peak fitness. When I get rust, I do running and strength training 3 times a week. Stretching is also a good thing to help prevent injuries and improve technique through increased motion. The key is to start easier than what your current skill is now and build up over time. Eventually you'll build yourself back to peak fitness safely. It won't take too long since your body previously reached those levels before your medical absence. Hope this helps!