So what should Tai Chi look like?

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Baggsy, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Yeah, because we are all about to get mugged by people shouting "give me the wallet, or I'll stick you to the floor with a power that is non magic and will be described when modern science catches up with 300 year old Chinese culture."

2. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn Banned Banned

Keep trying, you are clutching at straws. The same way as it is not magic it is also not co-operative exercise. There are elements of both in it but they are not *it*. The Anglo Saxon word for Qi was Megin and the word for the process of using it was Galdor. Why don't we have a word for it now, think about it and you may find where you have been brainwashed and by whom. To show the level of corruption the modern derivative of Megin is Magic, so in a way you are right, apart from certain controlling elements in society over the last 1000 years have changed the meaning to a derogative nature. Why have all the pagan / Celtic quarter days (apart from midsummer solstice) been highjacked and by whom? What is all fools day for? Why were people called witches and burned? The co-operative element is the same as in any other training or learning process, confront your teacher and you don't learn, whether it is Maths or Tai-Chi.

There was an old Anglo Saxon "Qigong" called Runar Megin, which when I have time I am determined to resurect. Want to know about it? Practice it 500 years ago and you were burnt as a witch. So another secret transmission was created, lol.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  3. cullion

cullion Valued Member

You are more fun that a microwave full of frogs. Please tell me more about arthurian chi.

4. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Don't tempt me lol :D

5. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

So, after all this time, we go full circle and you admit that it is magic!

In the same way as its not chi. Unless 'chi' means 'gullible fool desperate to please his teacher.'

6. Richard Dunn

Runar Megin

Runar refers to the use of Runes which are a series of symbols more like the
    very early Chinese pictograms than modern phonetic writing, and like them
    were designed to be cut in stone or wood with a knife as opposed to painted
    or written. But as with the early Chinese writing they took on energetic connotations and properties beyond simply a method of communication. The Rune alphabet is called a Futhark and each Futhark is divided into aettir (pronounced eight-ir and translates as family) within each aettir there are 8 Runes, hence the modern word eight! Each Futhark consists of a number of aettir depending on the origin. The three most used were:- The Elder Futhark, the oldest known, consisting of 3 aettir. The Younger Futhark, the last one in usage (up to the 14th century) consisting of 2 aettir, and the Anglo-Saxon Futhark consisting of 4 aettir. Each of the Runes is given a series of things they represent depending on what you want from them, either for physical, religious, communication or energetic purposes.

Galdar means use off or releasing the power. Runar Megin is the exercise
    of / for the release of Rune Qi (in their terms Rune Magic) which in our terms, once you take out all historic and Pagan baggage, means energetic exploitation. This is performed as a "Qigong" with both moving and meditational (stationary) elements. The moving element is slowly taking the position / structure of imitating the shape of the Rune, at the same time the Rune sound is slowly vocalised from the belly utilising Dantien power which is then *flavoured* by the Rune shape. Having achieved the shape and position it is then held for a short period of visualisation / meditation regarding its elements or the specifics you are working with. The first 4 in each aettir box the square and the second 4 box the corners.

For example the first aettir consists of:-
    1 fehu - South - Sun - Prosperity - Throw/Strike
    2 uruz - West - Rock - Strength - Overpower/Smother
    3 thurisaz - North - Wind - Flexibility - Change/Deflect
    4 ansuz - East - Moon - Yield - Submit/Defer
    5 raidho - N.East - Water - Travel - Retreat/Run Away
    6 kenaz - N.West - Night - Control - Mental/Psychological domination
    7 gebo - S.West - Day - Buy/Bribe - Give in order to achieve
    8 wunjo - S.East - Fire - Take - Consume/Burn Out

The uses and extentions mentioned above are very contentious, but with
    all energetic work it is your focus and belief that does the work.

If you consider the last flavour to be describing a Jin you about get
    it. The idea being you can achieve these results energetically. Reflecting position, element and structure, life work, survival.

7. cullion

cullion Valued Member

I'd be interested to hear more about who you think deliberately concealed this knowledge from us.

8. Taiji Butterfly

The same people who kidnapped Elvis, assassinated Kennedy (and Bruce Lee), OD'd Jim Morisson / Janis Joplin / Jimi Hendrix, founded the Masons, hid the DaVinci Code, put the giant heads on Easter Island and who flush all the toilet paper down the loo on trains, I would imagine... :rolleyes:
    Please! (and I thought I was flakey... :D )

9. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

To my understanding, this is a commonly held myth. With very few exceptions, witches in England were hanged.

10. Taiji Butterfly

11. Richard Dunn

The medieval Christian Church. To begin with up to 1000AD there was an absorbtion process, to the point that especially in Scotland and to a large extent in England, priests were also druids and bards and visa versa, there was a lot of cross polination. In Wales and Ireland it kept a discreet distance which is the reason some of the traditions are still intact, as in the bardic eisteddfods. But about the same time as the inquisitions in southern europe there was a "pogram" to oust it from the churches in the British Isles, dictated by the Catholic hierachy in Rome. It still exists to a lesser degree within Norse cultures and Stav the Norse martial art still uses Rune shapes for standing meditation.

12. cullion

cullion Valued Member

Why do you think the mediaeval church wanted to prevent people from using 'rune energy' ?

N.B. Stav was made up by a guy in the 20th century. Vikings didn't learn to fight by holding runic postures. If you want to see something resembling what they did, have a look at various northern european folk styles of wrestling, like Icelandic Glima, or what people like 'ARMA' do when they practice with archaic european weapons.

13. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

14. Richard Dunn

It undermined the authority (control) being imposed on society. Religion is politics and power, it is a creation of human nature, belief is something different. Churches don't want belief they want faith.

Stav was a reinvention from the rumour and the available written knowledge. The same as Runar Megin will be if I try to re-create it. I am afraid there are no videos or DVD's, and no one now practices it

15. cullion

cullion Valued Member

So you'd describe this rune-work as primarily a form of alternative belief or religion, rather than a martial art ?

16. Richard Dunn

It is European Qigong.

17. Richard Dunn

You really are determined to twist and misread for you own purposes. Read again, I say *it* is not magic, *but* the same as everything in life if you don't understand it, *then* it becomes magic. There are many primative cultures in the world left that would interpret electricity as magic. Hell some even thought a mirror was magic!! Are Wudang representative of a primative culture, lol.

If you wish I will give you the email addresses of Martin and Paul and you can mail them if you so wish. I am sure they would enjoy your input as justification that they are learning correctly.

18. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

And so another thread dies in a miasma of Richard Dunn navel gazing.

19. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Eisteddfodau have nothing to do with any religion. They originated in the Royal Courts of Wales in the latter half of the first millenia AD. They died out after the 16thC and were resurrected in Victorian times in a different format.

20. Richard Dunn

I am repling to questions. What do you wish me to do be rude and ignore them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.