So what should Tai Chi look like?

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Baggsy, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn Banned Banned

Yes

2. bonjopi

bonjopi New Member

hello cullion?

3. cullion

cullion Valued Member

So it's something they never practice with people outside their own lineage ?

4. Richard Dunn

As I have said before there is reality and there is practice. Reality happens the same as the natural excrement that emerges from your rear end happens.

Who are these people who poke their noses in and alter posts??

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  5. cullion

cullion Valued Member

So they don't get to practice their 'San Sau' on anybody outside their lineage. Do you feel this is better or worse way of preparing them for when the 'stuff' happens than giving them the opportunity to adapt to different methods of fighting ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2006
  6. bonjopi

bonjopi New Member

hi cullion, I'd like to introduce myself to the action online at this particular website.
    If you meet somebody worth learning anything from, they won't be sending knockout
    punches your way on the first encounter

tell richard reality doesn't need a reference point

7. Richard Dunn

Cross purposes, you don't understand. Competition is not real, and friendly fighting is not real. None of us need to fight, not even you! You want to play at reality and believe you are great if you "win", so go ahead. It is just another facett of something else, not TCC.

Reality is in the moment.

8. bonjopi

bonjopi New Member

reality is everywhere all the time, your lucky if you get to see a moment of

9. bonjopi

bonjopi New Member

do you know the number one rule of reality?

10. bonjopi

bonjopi New Member

you won't be able to pretend, after you hear

11. bonjopi

bonjopi New Member

don't you guys do martial art?

12. bonjopi

bonjopi New Member

you can get destroyed playing at martial art

13. cullion

cullion Valued Member

So you don't believe in giving them a chance to do something closer to 'real' than demonstrating techniques on each other in a cooperative way, and you never let them try same on people who are trained in different methods ?

I don't think that's the most helpful way of preparing people for 'real'.

14. cullion

cullion Valued Member

It depends whether or not you need to learn what happens when somebody tries to knock you out.

15. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Bonjopi - hi, pleased to meet you. You can edit and add to posts - please don't spam the thread with one liners :)
    Still playing "I've got a secret" eh Richard?
    Hope you had a nice holiday btw
    :Angel:

16. bonjopi

bonjopi New Member

I'll look elsewhere

17. bonjopi

bonjopi New Member

hi Taiji Butterfly: attempting to find out how much pushing is allowed before I start

18. Richard Dunn

There are no secrets, there is only what you are capable of understanding. Without the required changes created by years of correct training, you are wasting your time and more appropriately wasting the time of the teacher and other students in the class. It is like a primary school child crying because he is refused the opportunity to enter university.

There is also the other very large consideration, and that is what I am *allowed* to show and teach, and to whom, by my teacher. And Cullion if you wish to enter the process first you have to knock on the door before you are let in.

19. bonjopi

bonjopi New Member

the real guys can throw people without hurting them
    similar to dropping a dozen eggs without breaking any
    Have you ever asked yourself the question: What should the real skill look like?
    A real master is the least violent person you will meet. Because the purpose of
    martial art at the start was the ability to overcome violence, inside and out
    The real masters are so good at being non-violent, that any violence you throw at them will be sent back in your direction, with very little effort on their part, they are protected, they have already done the work
    And Richard, there are many secrets in martial arts, with good reason
    The ability to keep a secret is very important with most of the people
    I have met
    Once you show people the real skill , they get to do whatever
    they want with the information
    and there are some rather nasty people out there
    most of the people in martial arts don't get exposed to the real
    information simply because they aren't ready for that information
    everyone is searching and everybody in martial arts should encourage
    the search. People talk about punching and kicking as a way of expressing
    something more fundamental.
    One of the most powerful techniques you can use on people is "encouragement", ever been knocked out by a smile?

20. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Someone trying to beat you is more real than someone trying to let you beat them.

Competition is not real and indeed friendly fighting is not real. Friendly fighting is more real than co-operative exersize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.