Smileys

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by booksie_girl, Jul 8, 2004.

1. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

With the new smileys, it doesn't actually show the code for the smiley anymore, and I was thinking that, while us members who have been here for a long time have learnt them, it's pretty much impossible for a newbie to learn without the code, especially since you have to learn where the capitals go, where they don't, and where they are the same as in, for instance MSN messenger, and where they are different. Would it be possible to bring the code back? Just as a mouseover or something like that?

While we're on that, would it be possible to make it so that :d works as well as : D, and :angel: works as well as :Angel :, since we don't really have a consistency, since it is :love : and not :Love: It's something that everyone learns after a while, but would it be possible to make the shortcuts easier for newbies to learn by making both shortcuts point to each smiley?

Sorry to the PHP crew for being difficult, and sorry Johnny for stealing your job :Angel:

EDIT: By the way, I love the new more colourful smileys, especially :eek:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  2. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

good point i just tend to leave the smilies you have to write out names of unless i can just click on them on the side. :D

3. La Mancha

La Mancha Valued Member

Codes? we dont need no codes Ive got about 1000 smilies and if I dont have the code I just post as a pic.

David

Attached Files:

• leb.gif
      leb.gif
      File size:
      8.8 KB
      Views:
  4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

aye, SmileyCentral wins on the smiley front :D

5. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

The thing is, that you can use the code in a quick response, but you have to go advanced to click on the smiley, and it is so much faster than clicking on anything, especially if you're not in the habit of using thousands of smileys from smiley central :p