Slothosaurus Training Log!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by LemonSloth, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i'll squat the trainer's mother, then :p

2. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

time + consistency = results.

I'm a weak person, really, ive just spent 5 years not missing a workout and become less weak. most people could far surpass me in 3 years with the same effort.

I like your log, i'ma come here more often.

3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I dunno buddy, you may have been weak once upon a time but now...some of the stuff you can do is pretty damn impressive.

[​IMG]

4. LemonSloth

07/02/15:

Training log shenanigans:
    Front squats @ 5, 5, 9.

Two sets just to get the blood pumping and what not, the last set I'm basically looking to increase the reps over time until it becomes one mega set. Last week I did 8 and felt dead, this week I did 9 and felt like I had gas in the tank (though my legs turned to jelly two minutes later :p).

I look forward to the days I feel I can push press it overhead.

Parallel bar shenanigans:
    Got home, ate dinner, assembled parallel bars, larked around doing part ROM dips, bodyweight rows, static holds & L-sits just to get a feel for it.

It's gunn be goooooooooooood :)

10 minutes of foam rollering and gentle stretching.

5. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

oooooh, L sits! :D Core pain FTW. :D

6. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

A goal for you:

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/game-of-thrones-mountain-viking-weightlifting-record/?fb=dd

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Thank ye ... I do ask often...just look for the post that begins "da freak is that?" "wazzit mean?" "Huh?" You know belltoller's in the house.

8. LemonSloth

08/02/15:

Static hold (5s) into static L-sit hold (5s) into dips (2), then into bodyweight rows (5).

5 sets in all.

Very small amount I know, but for a reason. Mainly that my wife was having a really rough day and it felt wrong to abandon her to go do my own thing.

Plus I tend to fall into the "new toy" trap very easily, over use a new bit of kit, usually hurt myself slightly and then not use it again for a while. So I'm hoping to avoid that. Plus, I can do dips already! WOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!! :D :happy:

Also, doing dips while holding the L-sit position is actually quite hard.

Press ups @ 2 x 15.

'Cos why not? I wasn't tired, had energy to burn :p.

Gentle stretches.

======

09/02/15:

Weighted walk shenanigans:
    +35kg, 1.5 miles.

Maize bag shenanigans:
    20 minutes continuous. Mostly boxing drills, a few minutes of drilling just kicks, last minute non-stop sparring. Ashamed to admit I gassed out 7 seconds before the end. Made me feel very unwell. This last bout of man flu really did a number on me. :(

Gentle stretches

Not a huge amount, had a meeting with one of the local political party groups which took up my evening.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  9. matveimediaarts

Blaming the man-flu, eh? :p If I'm following your blog correctly, you've only had that once in the last month or 2, and the last one was some time ago. Doesn't sound like enough to take the wind out of thy sails to me.

10. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

11. LemonSloth

Yeah, I caught it a few weeks back and yeah, I'm still getting over it. But I'm sure if I posted how every day it made (and still to a lesser degree makes) me feel crappy, that I have snot running from my nose, headaches, sinus pain, aching joints, sore throat and a stuffy chest I'd be criticised for complaining.

Ha! This is awesome :D.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  12. matveimediaarts

get well super soon, buddy. Surely this cat is too darn cute to not make you better:
    [​IMG]
    :)

ETA: Try a neti pot for the nasal congestion. Works for me. :)

13. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

<-- lol. Comon now, Sloth. Even if you were doing each hold, each L-sit, each dip and each row as an isolated exercise with some recovery in between the dips and the rows as needed, that'd qualify for a meritorious mention, at least after 5 sets. You're doing these as a seamless, fluid movement and that is a freakingly horrendous thing to attempt unless one has a seriously stable core and has put in some class-A sweat over time developing each.

When it comes to the required amount of condition - and the amount of pain involved - the whole (seamless movement) is greater than the sum of the individual parts (exercises)

I've done a few seconds of a sort of "V" - which is what I euphemistically call my epic fail attempts at an L-sit. Managed to go into a dip - or a good imitation of an epileptic descending into the fires of Hell - a few times from those abominations and it damn near tore me in half - or so it felt for a good bit.

I think you're being way too modest here - go ahead and do some obscenely self-grandising prancing - its well earned.

Now that I've blown enough smoke up yer ... cheque in the mail, Sloth?

[​IMG]

14. LemonSloth

Damn you knowing one of my random weaknesses! DAMN YOOOOOUUUUU!!! :p

Cute cats are cute. I'm just bring grumpy 'cos it's been weeks of being below standard, during which I've been avoiding the cardio 'cos of how unwell it makes me feel. I'm ready to feel better now :p.

Isn't that one of those weird kettle like things you stick up your nose? Do they actually work any better than a steaming bowl of water and Vics with a towel over your head?

...Which I haven't done yet. I really, really should. Thanks for the suggestion :).

[​IMG]

Lol, that is possibly one of the most hilarious and yet slightly sad expressions of attempting to do an exercise I've read pretty much anywhere. You do have a way with words :p.

Seriously though, thank you for the sentiment. Still not entirely sure I believe you when you say what I did was hard, but I appreciate it anyway :).

Sure thing, now how much do I owe you again? Also, did you want the cheque before or after the naked pictures and the private dance video you put in a request for?

15. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

It's geuinely an impressive feat, i cant hold an Lsit at all.

16. LemonSloth

10/02/15:

Weighted walk shenanigans:
    +40kg, 1.5 miles.

Static hold (5s) into L-sits (5s) into dips (2), then bodyweight rows (5).

Repeat x 4.

Didn't quite have it in me to do a 5th set today. Not to worry, it'll happen again.

Chi ishi shenanigans:
    20 minutes, just playing around with it while watching trashy TV with the missus.

17. InkyTommy

InkyTommy Unique Like Everyone Else

Your L-Sit Shenanigans are both inspiring and disheartening!

Keep it up!

The only way I can do an L-Sit is when I'm actually sitting...

18. matveimediaarts

lol...Poor slothy fella. :( ~hugs~

Yup. And they work lots better than steam for me. It feels weird, but basically you create a saline solution with water and a packet of powdered salt included with the pot. Then you put the spout into one nostril, tilt your head in the opposite direction, and pour the stuff in, slightly holding your breath to direct it through the nasal passage. The fluid then flows out the other nasal, bringing with it loads of crud that was previously in the nasal passages.
    Here are a few demonstrations:
    [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e22Ta7iRgks[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdEsFviooPU[/VIDEO]

19. LemonSloth

11/02/15:

Nothing today. I was just tired all day so I took that as a sign to eat and sleep.

Also, forgetting to eat for most of the day is apparently not sensible :p.

=====

12/02/15:

Feeling surprisingly well today. Apart from a bit of a snotty nose and not much sleep last night (a curse upon ye youngsters! :p), nothing to complain about. I feel out of place, I don't know what to do! :D

Heavy bag shenanigans:
    Three light sets of roundhouse kick on the heavy bag (which has been silver taped to death in the vain attempt to keep it going :p). Form felt weak and I didn't feel like I was getting much impact but the bag was mostly folding when I kicked it. Not great but could have been worse.

Barbell shenanigans:
    OHP shenanigans:
    w/ 20kg @ 1 x 10
    w/ 30kg @ 1 x 5
    w/ 40kg @ 1 x 5

Had to pop in for about 15 minutes to see to the family at this point, so by the time I got back outside to do more stuff, I really should have started warming up again.

w/ 50kg @ 1 x 5 (but I didn't 'cos I didn't think :D).
    w/ 60kg @ 3 x 3
    w/ 65kg @ 1 x 1 (10rpe)
    w/ 70kg @ 1 x 1 (9rpe - lol)
    w/ 75kg @ 0/0

Aaaargh me hearties! First one was going up but I just couldn't finish the movement, second attempt barely moved. Bit by bit, I'm getting closer to that 80kg OHP. :happy:

But on the plus side, I'm consistently hitting 60/65/70kg now rather than it being a fluke. :)

All sets starting with a mauled attempt at a clean :p.

Push press shenanigans:
    w/ 75kg @ 3 (8.5rpe) /1 (10rpe)

RDL shenanigans:
    w/ 75kg @ 3 x 5

Legs were a touch stiff, needed a stretch.

Ab wheel shenanigans:
    @ 5 x 3.

Been a while since I used my ab wheel, need to break myself back in again.

Gentle stretches and a few squeezes of my CoC #1 just to see how I feel.

20. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

race you to 85? :D