sloooooowwwww MAP

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Polar Bear, May 28, 2008.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Is it me or is everything running slooooooooooowly again?

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I can't tell - my internet connection is on a go slow again. Can't be as bad as it was last time - we can still get on the site.

I've checked the server load and its up a bit (around 7) but nowhere near the 40s that we were getting before.

3. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

Can somebody tell me why this server is so slow compared to the other sites ? Its a great site though, so I don't really mind the slowness but it would be nice if it was a bit quicker:cool:.

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Because we keep having random technical problems that only one person has any idea about. Unfortunately that person has a fairly busy "real life" so we just have to cope until they can get back a bit more often.

5. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

We must be having that problem today because its been extremely slow for the past 2 hours. It's been a while since it's been like this.

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I've found something that may be causing a bit of the slowness. I'll contact Saz and see if its safe for me to try and fix it.

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Hows it looking now folks?

8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Looking good so far :)

Nice work!

9. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

Looks good. Browsed a few threads and got in within reason.

10. Torre

Torre Valued Member

Today it is slow as hell for me again. Not that I've been here too long :)

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Fairly slow again today. I think the sooner we can get some more RAM for the server the better!