Skin rashes

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by minamo9, Jun 7, 2012.

1. righty

righty Valued Member

Other have said to keep your hands and feet dry and to wash and disinfect anything that has or is in contact with your hands and feet. Do that.

Although there it sounds likely it started on your feet and then spread to your hands as you scratched your feet, applied ointment etc.

Now try to avoid touching anything with your feet and hands, particulalry other parts of your body. This is hard. But you don't want to get the name 'Fungus Face'.

2. minamo9

minamo9 ファイター

Not touching anything will be quite hard considering the fact I'm a news publisher and need to write 10 pieces a day. Keyboards have a high dirtyness index.

Either way, I take the cure and in the meantime i try to keep everything as clean as possible.

3. righty

righty Valued Member

Ahh. Wash your hands regularly then. If you can get access to a bottle of that hand sanitiser gel and use it often it should help prevent it spreading (and keep it dry).

Touching a keyboard should be OK, as long as it's your keyboard and you don't touch it with your uninfected body parts.

4. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Personally, if it were me, I'd use the hydrogen peroxide soak in distilled water, coupled with hydrogen peroxide mixed with aloe vera gel, along with the oral prescription. I've used this before without any oral medication to cure a very deep foot fungal infection, but it takes time, as I said before. My cracked skin was much deeper than what you showed on your hands too, and had set in for a few years before I was able to address it properly. The higher the ratio of hydrogen peroxide to water is, the faster it will kill the fungus off. It's also a cheap method to disinfect everything you use. It's used as an industrial strength disinfectant and in the food processing industry (it's why non-refrigerated mild doesn't go bad sitting on the shelf).

Also, I'd wear latex gloves at work with a disinfectant inside them (H2O2, fungal creme, etc.). You'll get funny looks, but you can just tell everyone you have the Z virus and that you'll bite them if they keep asking questions. Better funny looks now than an officer full of ****ed off people who you've spread your fungus to.

Once the open sores close up and everything has healed up nicely, I'd trim my nails down and disinfect under them for a couple of weeks.

Lastly, if you have any mortal enemies, now is the time to loan them your used socks.

5. Instructor_Jon

Instructor_Jon Effectiveness First

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

FWIW in some countries you can't just waltz in to a store and buy hydrogen peroxide. Stateside yes... most kids growing up were acquainted with from having their moms clean out a scraped knee or elbow.... but in a lot of places it's illegal to buy over the counter. This is primarily down to it being used to build bombs and other nonsense with it.

7. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

One of my guys recently was admitted and had minor surgery to remove skin and muscle due to an unknown rash. They 'guessed' it was within the celluitis category but were never able to determine exactly what it was.

8. minamo9

minamo9 ファイター

Well, pills with a chance to possibly damage my liver are bad enough for now. When they need to perform surgery i would get very annoyed.

Hydrogen peroxide is not for sale in stores here. It is not illegal so i could order it, but it is quite pricey, so meh. I just wait how the pills go. I get them tommorow.

9. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

They weren't sure what it was! Still aren't able to determine it. He was in and then transported to a level 3, and then stayed for 3 days and then discharged. He was operated on the day he arrived in both hospitals.

Now it's a wait game!

10. minamo9

minamo9 ファイター

Well, few days on the pills now, and the skin is starting to harden. Still itches like hell and looks kinda red. Will see how it goes. Pretty fine apart from the occasional tummy ache.

11. John R. Gambit

Well, I'll be. I just assumed it was legal and cheap everywhere.

Glad it's starting to heal. Hopefully you'll be all better in a couple of weeks. And use this as a lesson to practice better hygiene discipline. Community spaces are filthy places.

12. John R. Gambit

Yikes, I just realized I suggested using disinfectant inside of latex gloves to avoid spreading the fungus to anyone else or any other part of your body. That might have been poor advice given that you were advised to keep your hands and feet dry.