Sip Pal Ki video

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by coc716, Jun 11, 2006.

1. coc716

coc716 Just Some Guy

Whatever the "True Truth" about the history of Kuk Sool Won is, enough history threads talk about how In Hyuk Suh was originally a master of Sip Pal Ki (Ship Pal Ki, however the Romanized spelling would be). I've been curious to learn more about Sip Pal Ki because if it is part of our art's roots well, there's something nice about knowing where we came from.

On a whim I plugged it into the search engines of various video sites.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=sippalgi

It's not a huge sampling, but it's still interesting to watch.

2. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Sohoyun was decent.

The broadsword was a little iffy, but not bad. His stances needed work.

Or it could just be the old camera.

3. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

thats not at all like the stuff in the ship pal ki dvd i got fromBudo video's, from what i saw on that video, there is a deffinate similarity and influance between spk and ksw, but they are 2 distingtively seperate martial arts.
    if your are interested i would recomend from a curiosity point of view to get the spk dvd, and see what conclusions you get for yourself.

4. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

The DVD you got from Budo video is not traditional Shippal Gi. It is a recreation of the Shippal Gi featured in the Mooyaedobotongji. It is not something that has been handed down for centuries as a Korean kung fu style. Muyae Shippalgi, as found in Budo Videos, is a modern martial art.