Simon's Slog

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Simon, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Definately this^.

Thank heaven for the foam roller.

Probably the best bit of kit I own.

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

True that!

I've had my roller for a few years now, but only used it on and off. Since I got back from Sweden in the summer, I've made a real effort to use it (and a tennis ball) weekly for a full body session and daily for a few tight spots as part of my mobility work and warm ups and it's definitely paying off!

3. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Backs aren't kind to old people like us. I like to do these: :hail: upside down and backwards for mine if you know what I mean. By the way, it is a well known fact that the foam roller was originally invented for the Inquisition.

4. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

This is still a source of fascination to me. I ache like (insert expletive of choice) every morning, but I've still never had a sports massage or roller in my life. :)

5. Simon

Ooh John, you must by a foam roller. Frodo', tell him. He must know the way of the roller.

6. Frodocious

The wise and knowledgeable Simon speaks the truth. It is time you learnt the way of the roller. To complete your journey to enlightment, you must face THE FOAM ROLLER.

7. Simon

So there, consider yourself told.

8. John Titchen

Bring it to the seminar - you can show me where to stick it.

9. Frodocious

Remember to get pictures! :D :evil: :Angel:

10. Simon

ROTFLMAO.

Will do.

11. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

That isn't what I was talking about when I said inquisition.

:bang:

12. Frodocious

Nobody expects the Inquisition...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0MObFpTI"]The Spanish Inquisition - YouTube[/ame]

13. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

14. Simon

A superb days training today with JWT, all based around his RBSD drills.

All all be revealed on a seperate thread by JWT once all of the videos have been analyised and uploaded to you tube.

Bassai was also there and it was nice to meet some MAP members, as well as the excellent days training.

Really pleased that my back held up just fine. I took a painkiller yesterday and one this morning, just to free up the muscles and I had no twinges all day.

Mentally fatigued now though. My son also got in on the action, and once we got home at 9.15pm, he went straight to bed.

Thanks JWT, Bassai and JWT's students, who I must say did him proud.

15. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

It'll be great to see it.

RBSD is always interesting stuff from JWT

16. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

I agree.

17. Simon

A simple Tai Chi lesson tonight, just a one hour class.

Nice to have a relaxing class after the weekend workout.

Went through the form once, which while I was not totally relaxed, does seem to be improving slowly.

Finished with some simple but effective leg workout drills.

18. Simon

A big decision made over the last few day, I'm going to close my class after christmas.

I have a few things going on in my life at the moment, I work really hard and for long hours and have a few minor injuries that dont appear to be clearing up.
    Time to take stock, clear up some other issues and look to return after christmas into the Tai Chi.

I am very fortunate to have a superb Tai Chi instructor. A guy who is not only a close friend, but a skilled martial artist who has studied several styles including boxing, eskrima and kung fu, so the martial side of Tai Chi is covered as well and other aspects.

I will be sad to close the class, I have some good students who are really my friends. I will teach private lessons if they want them, but that is all.

The class has been offered to one of the other instructors who is not currently teaching and I hope he takes it over.

19. Simon

For those of you who know me via Facebook I am not posting this there as I have not told my students of the decision. I would appreciate if we could keep this to MAP for the next few weeks.

20. John Titchen

Hi Simon

A painful and difficult decision. I hope that the break will give you a chance to recover, reflect and progress across all the different demanding areas of your life. :)

JT