Silent Hill 6

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ninjuries, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Ninjuries

Ninjuries The Man Who Genbukan Supporter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ0xV_ZJnWo"]YouTube- Silent Hill (6) AKA Silent Hill 8 E3 2010 Trailer [Full 4mins][/ame]

Oh

Mah

GAWD!

Well, ages ago I wrote a big giant review of SH5 and the board was rolled back and it went, so for anyone who missed it you pretty much have to mention the words "Silent Hill" to me to get me soiling my trousers hourly with excitement.

Long and the short of it is, SH5 was great but Alex was a dippy sod who was impossible to control and preferred getting his arms and legs chewed off rather than dodging, owing to a flaky PC port from under-worked developers. But it was cracking. Forget football, SH has always been the beautiful game and SH5 lived up to it.

SH Shattered Memories came out as a 'remake' of the first game. That would have put most people off. If it put YOU off (it almost did me...) then play it. You MUST play it. It is NOT what you think.

Btw the movie blew. :confused:

However, Sh6 is new. The American team now well-established have Daniel Licht (composer of Dexter and Hellraiser soundtracks) replacing Akira Yamaoka and some of Mary McGlynn... Which isn't really what any fan wants but hey it's all shed a lot of the grittiness that made the original the original back in the days when we didn't know what the HELL had hit us, picking up that first SH game on the old grey PlayStation and proceeding to vomit over the TV in horror. Resident Evil had been good, but had been poor preparation for the pinnacle of video game horror we'd just got.

It's grown from there and it's still the king horror game. Fair enough it's wavered on and off but always been stellar.

I've got high hopes for this one.

2. RagingDelirium

RagingDelirium Valued Member

im liking the idea of going in as a criminal
    giving silent hill something to really gets its teeth into.

fingers crossed on this one

3. Stanislovas

Stanislovas Valued Member

What was wrong with the movie?

4. RagingDelirium

really?
    put this way a major influence on silent hill was "Jacob's ladder".

5. 2ku

2ku Valued Member

I played SH2 and SH4, both were pretty sweet games.

I actually liked the movie. I thought they pretty well nailed the atmosphere, though I didn't play the game that the movie was based on (1 or 3, can't remember). Not sure about how well the story about the cult stacks up with the actual story from the games but I though it was good.

Unfortunately I don't have a newer system or a fast enough computer to run this one so I'll have to miss out. Enjoy! :)

6. Stanislovas

Stanislovas Valued Member

Most of the movie was based on Silent Hill 1. Pyramid Head, of course, is from 2, but they put him in for fan service, pretty much, since he was essentially a part of James. I really appreciated the detail they gave the movie in relation to the game (they had the game running on set at all times to cross-check everything). I liked that Cybil was in it and that they stayed true to her character. I liked the atmosphere they presented, and I liked that they got the enemies just as right. Sure they didn't put the pterodactyls in, but chances are they would have just thrown people off. I like that the ending was as ambiguous as the endings of the games (Konami has said that they will never release an official interpretation of a Silent Hill ending).

And to the guy that didn't answer my question, I've never seen Jacob's Ladder.

7. RagingDelirium

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0kW6xuxtPU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0kW6xuxtPU[/ame]

It's really old now. but all the same make the effort and watch it

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010