Silence

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Cougar_v203, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

Ok for when your walking quietly do you lower your body? or do you just take careful steps?

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Both. Lower your center of gravity slightly, imagine your weight in you buttocks and hips, take slow, careful steps, maintaining your weight low. Stop in the middle of a step. If you lean to one side or the other, you're off balance. When you place your foot down, on firm even surfaces ( concrete, wood/tile floors etc) go from heel to toe, rolling the foot to the outside (blade) of you foot. Then, shift weight on to foot and bring the trailing foot forward. If step in the woods or water, or loose gravel, place the toes down first to carefully move any thing in your path, and to minimize any disturbance, then lower the rest of your foot down to the heel. Shift weight forward, then repeat. WHile practicing this, lift knees high, step with leg crossing motion, and stop in mid step frequently to check balance.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Who are you trying to sneak up on Cougar? Planning on robbing a bank?

4. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL! My thoughts exactly :D

|Cain|

5. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

As Kurohana said, lower you centre of gravilty just slighty. Then step lightly using the balls of your feet. Creeping quietly upto your victim taking them from being and draggin thrm into the bushes!

:D :p :(

Does that help Cougar_v203!?

;)

6. YODA

You may have that the wrong way around :D

7. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I may have! :D

This creaping about worries me, just walk like a man flower! ;)

8. YODA

You've nearly got it - I will walk like a man - and don't call me Flower! :D

9. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Sorry :D

Its all stuff from the two bouncers in Peter Kay's Phoenix nights, they crack me up!

On one sketch, it cuts to them talking "..... so he goes down and I goes in with scissor kick to the temple!" Other says "yeah... and thats why I don't go to parents evenings any more"

:p

10. Cougar_v203

lol.
    i'm trying to sneak up on one of my g/f and scare her ;)
    *cough*flower*cough* thanks for all the help :D

11. Cougar_v203

when your walking should you bring your foot in front of each other?

12. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

If you want to go forwards you do! :D

13. Cougar_v203

not like side by side like normal walking.

14. johndoch

johndoch upurs

try putting woolly socks over your shoes.

15. Cougar_v203

don't have any.
    I got water shoes:D will they do?

16. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Hmm... Cougar, if you want to PM me, I can try and explain two basic ways of walking for you, without taking up all this room on the thread going back and forth with the "What?" and the "Huh?" LoL. And by the way, save those waer shoes for when you learn to stealthily walk through water. Never know when they might come in handy. ;)

17. Cougar_v203

ok i pm'd you, you should have it by now.

18. SilentNightfall

Yes, I have received your message and will respond as soon as I have the proper amount of time to write up the information I promised. Right now I'm caught up in a lot of work, but come this weekend, I'll have all the time in the world. I hope that isn't too much time to wait. I apologize for any inconvenience.

19. Cougar_v203

nah its cool.
    I might not see it if it comes this weekend becaues I'm gonna be at a lock-out at my church.

is it better to train with or without socks on? or is it better to train with shoes on?

20. SilentNightfall

Personally, I train in everything from socks, to sneakers, to my tabi. Haven't done bare foot yet. Probably should try that in the future.