silat vs muay thai

Discussion in 'Silat' started by kezamx, Nov 1, 2013.

1. kezamx

kezamx New Member

silat vs muay thai by heam
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3eVkSeK2dU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3eVkSeK2dU[/ame]

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Agenda?

3. kezamx

kezamx New Member

for user can look that fighting

4. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

The Mauy Thai fighter in that clip looks like an amateur. I don't know anything about Silat, so I'm not going to comment on that. Anyway, pointless thread is pointless.

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

That's actually just a really bad MMA fight.

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP. Kezamx please don't just post links to videos. We ask that all members posting videos include an explanation of what they show.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Perhaps Kezamx needs a new "Vlogger" tag? :)

8. kezamx

kezamx New Member

heam is hreat fighter he beat wing chun fighter and then muay thai fighter

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Be that as it may, MAP doesn't endorse people just coming here to post links to videos and little else. If you'd like to stay and talk silat, you'll be welcome. If you're only going to use MAP as a place to display videos, we'll need to talk. Does that make sense?

10. kezamx

kezamx New Member

i understand what ur talking about.in this video heam i see great fighter

11. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

What did I just watch?

12. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

I do like seeing guys in MMA who come from backgrounds that are less common in that environment. I actually did an article a couple of years ago looking at less-common martial arts backgrounds, and Silat was one of them. Hopefully, with the expansion of MMA into SE Asia, we'll see more Silat practitioners in an MMA setting. I'd like to see how that plays out.

That said, beating two guys doesn't make someone a "hreat" fighter. 2-0 in MMA is a good start, it's worthy of praise, but dude's not going to be mentioned in the same breath as Sakuraba, Couture, Fedor, etc.

13. holyheadjch

Does he ever fight anyone good? Or does he just fight beginners?

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

1:35 he loses against anyone who has actually grappled.

The problem is he was fighting a Thai boxer who wasn't even that good at Muay Thai - so yes he beat someone, but not someone of any level and not something by ANY stretch to call him a "great fighter" on

Furthermore his win was actually from a 101 submission grappling move not Silat - so again it's nice to see different styles but this is not even close to being validation of anything other than the value of cross training

But it's nice to see that he does pull out some Silat in a pressured environment without and it's clear he spars it.

15. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

Although the title 'silat vs muay thai' perhaps is too political, I do like that decent videos of silat fighters are shown in here. We know that fighters like couture are more high level, but I find that a lame argument. This is a silat specific forum, so it's nice to see some good show of a silat fighter against a muay thai fighter.

16. holyheadjch

It's generous calling that guy a muay thai fighter.

17. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

And finishing with BJJ...or wrestling if you are being generous.

Silat may have influenced his strategy, but technically his success with was techniques found elsewhere in abundance

18. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

I'll address this since I was the one that brought in Couture. The "argument" was that the guy in the video was "great", despite having all of a 2-0 record against sub-par competition, as made by the OP. I was pointing out the difference between such a fighter and a true "great" of the sport of MMA, since performance in MMA is also a relevant subject here. Performance in MMA is, in fact, the very reason for posting the video, is it not?

19. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

Silat vs Maria Ozawa! ;)

20. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

Come on guys, anyone starts at a certain level, and that is not elite level. this video might as well (probably) be from a local mma event in asia. And only since the Muay Thai guy was being passive (his kicks weren't that bad, not good either) this video is 'fake', and useless? I saw some decent footwork of the silat guy.

I thought there were some silat lovers/practitioners over here in this forum, but it appears otherwise. If you have some better videos, please post them so we have better quality material to discuss..