Silat Kuntau Tekpi

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Kareema, Aug 8, 2005.

1. sulaiman

sulaiman Valued Member

message in a bottle

2. MasJudt

MasJudt New Member

Exchange the coconut oil for alcohol, and that's a common dit da jow recipe...

3. SilatSeeker

SilatSeeker Valued Member

Telner - sounds like I should be rubbing that on my knee that is plagued by gout! All the anti-inflamatories and such might do an old man some good. Heck - you may have a whole new market for your potion. Right now people are making bucks by selling bee venom for it. Tumeric sounds better :)

4. MasJudt

MasJudt New Member

Do NOT rub this formula on an area afflicted with gout! It will speed the transmission of ammonia via the blood and increase the crystalization in the area!

Folk remedies and hit medicine are very useful skills, but please seek advice from people trained in it versus making assumptions. Your health is at risk!

5. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Thanks for saying that first, MasJudt! For gout you really need to see a doctor. Cherry juice is a classic folk remedy for gout. It's no substitute for treatment, but at least it won't do any harm.

6. SilatSeeker

Wow, quick call Mas. I remember once being told to use cold on the knee to bring the inflamation down. It caused even more of the Uric acid to crystalize in the joint, Doh! Like one Doc said - with gout, your Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

Thanks.

I do use a daily mix of Cherry juice, garlic, tumeric, yucca, artichoke, grapeseed, thistle and quecitin that works better than anything the docs have given me. For massive attacks, nothing beats high doses of Advil and Colchecine.

7. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Have you cut down on your meat consumption? Too much red meat can be a contributing factor in gout.

8. Kiai Carita

Kiai Carita Banned Banned

Gout and Animal Protein

I agree with you Tellner...and even would give the advice of no meat at all.

My father had gout and no Indonesian cure he tried helped much except one 'jamu' herbal remedy which seemed to be made of pain killers or something that seemed to be addictive -there are many dodgy Indonesian 'traditional' remedies out there. However Western doctors since have helped him so that now he hardly ever has complaints and has just passed his 80'th birthday (although he might be actually 83- in those days Indonesian people often fiddled birthdays to be allowed school and in Jawa at that time it was the day that was important rather than the year)

In the silat of diet (that I know) to avoid gout you eat less meat. To cure it you should eat no meat, no fish, no cheese, no animal products. You should eat alot of this and that ........ (I don't know but can ask if you are interested)

Both 'tenaga dalam' Silat and 'bela diri' Silat can and have cured gout and gout is a common illness often cured by silat. Here I mean silat as a wholistic way of life not merely jurus and applications though it begins there.

Hope you all recieve the blessings of Lailatul Qadr
    and warm salaams to all
    KC

9. MasJudt

MasJudt New Member

There is good medicine for controlling gout these days... here in the states if you know a vet, you can get it very cheap, as it is the same drug for animals and humans!

I have a former roommate with gout, when he came down with it, he got into my Dit Da Jow stash and helped himself - he didn't know what the problem was - and his screams woke me up. I couldn't stop laughing. Then he bought a book on 'natural cures' Which told him to eat asparagus. More screaming!

Yikes. Diet can help a lot. But if you don't mind being chemically dependent, the ,the allopathic cures are pretty good.

10. tellner

tellner Valued Member

My father had a fairly severe case of gout. I'm not sure what regimen his doctors had him on, but they cured it.

11. SilatSeeker

Gout is caused by high uric acid in the system. You can get that a few ways - chow down on shrimp, sardines and organ meats and then wash it down with beer is one of the best.

Some have it because they are "over producers" others because they are "under-excreters". Usually a month or two of Cholchicine followed by Allipurinol handles it for most folks.

In my case, I'm an under-excreter due to missing a gene that produces an enzyme that dissolves gout and passes it in your Urine.

So, I can eat vegitables and it will still build up to off the charts level in my system because I'm missing the enzymes. By the way, dark leafy vegitables are also off limits - brocholi, spinach etc. all cause gout :)

Unfortunately in my case, the standard Med solutions that work so well for millions didn't dent mine. Worse, instead of getting it in the big toe or ankles like everyone else - mine attacks the knee joint. Great fun. spent a year on crutches do to a mis-diagnosis of it and destroyed my left knee. Gout will mess you up.

I mentioned the concocoction I take earlier - that and a gallon plus of water a day are my best defenses so far. That and work on knee allignment with my structure - any friction at all causes the gout to fire.

Hey, we all get something in this life :)

12. Kiai Carita

Kiai Carita Banned Banned

Masaru Emoto

Assalaamu'alaikum Sulaiman,

The books on these water crystal experiments are by Masaru Emoto.

Wassalam,
    KC

13. Ashton

Ashton Valued Member

I hope no one minds me resurrecting this thread, but I'm trying to get some info on Silat Kuntau Tekpi and can't seem to get a PM to amirul_tekpi79.

A training opportunity has opened up for me in SKT and I'm trying to get a handle on what the system is like. I saw a short demo on it the other night, but time was short for both the instructor & me, so I couldn't get into too much with him.

From what I saw, and again this was over a very short time, the art looked like it was mainly locking-oriented and defensive. The instructor said that the SKT practitioner generally waits for the attacker to make the first move. I didn't really see much of the aggressiveness & ferocity that Silat is supposed to be famous for.

I was told that the curriculum is very compact and designed to be leatrned in a short time. I like that aspect of it, buit I don't really want to spend my time learning something that will be primarily teaching me locks when i am looking for a quick finish to a fight.

Can anyone out there enlighten me as to SKT's basic principles, techniques, mindset etc? Am I way off on my assessment of what I saw? I'm trying to like this art but having trouble beciuse all I see is defensive tech & locks. Even on their website http://www.tekpi.org/pages/1/index.htm all I see is some locking (admittedly apinful looking locks) taking place. I'd love to see the site when it finally does get updated--maybe there will be more info.

I will contact the instructor again, but I wanted to see if anyone here could help me out with these questions.

Ashton

14. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Most Silat locks, are not actually locks, but breaks. Its just not practical to break when training. When doing it for ral, each of those locks is a potential bone break.

Hope this helps.

15. Ashton

Ashton Valued Member

Thanks Sgt_ Major---maybe that's what I was seeing & just didn't recognize it enough due to lack of experience with Silat. I'd still like to see if anyone can tell me more about SKT.

Anyone out there have some experience with it?

16. amirul_tekpi79

amirul_tekpi79 Valued Member

sorry

Assalamua'laikum and peace to all,

Dear Ashton,

I'm sorry to have not viewed this thread for a long time. I didn't know you were asking about SKT. About my PM, the reason was because it was full with undeleted messages :D

If you are still up and about here, or is still interested with your questions, please reply. Have you encountered or learned the art already?

Peace

17. bernie

bernie New Member

Amirul Aloha !

how are you ? It has been awhile since i visited Malaysia. I just came back from my silat camp in Indonesia with the Suwanda's. hope to see you next time i am visiting Malaysia and exchange some info. my website is up and is sundasilat.com.
    Mahalo
    Bernie

18. amirul_tekpi79

amirul_tekpi79 Valued Member

Peace to all,

Apa khabar Bernie??! yes, it's been a while since we met.

can't wait for your next visit here. just remember to give me an early warning.

peace